Celebrating a New Guitar Day

That’s a beauty! Happy new gear Christmas day Toby!

The top on that looks ace … really attractive grain and patterning.
Time to get twangy Toby.
:dark_sunglasses:

Ooooooh lust-i-licious :yum:

Wag them tails Toby Jenner :dog2:

Now get to that glorious new guitar you own Toby. Thrilled to bits for you, it will fill out the orchestra. So what’s the first song you’re going to play for us?

:yum:

Looks wonderful, Tony. An interesting design. Thanks for sharing

You sure are … you never mentioned the name of the film :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And finally …

I remember the story, Toby. What a wonderful end to it. That is one fabulous looking guitar.

That said, I reckon sticking the ‘Dazzer’ on one of the LPs still sounds like a good idea, now you have time to wait, while getting acquainted with your Gretsch.

And songs to sing … how’s about some rockabilly rock 'n roll ala Stray Cats?

And so you should be. It’s really really beautiful.

Congrats Toby, the grain on that top looks stunning! Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like.

Hey Peeps

Thanks for all the kind words and entertaining comments. Yet to plug in but it looks even more stunning in the daytime, especially the way the light catches the grain. Lined up some Southern Rock BTs for later this evening and gonna noodle in Dorian methinks, so does that make it Doodle ? Then maybe some Allman mixo, while we get acquainted.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Congrats on the new guitar, love the looks.

1 Like

That looks good! congratulation on your sweet newguitar man!

1 Like

Excellent Christmas for Toby! What is your follow up for boxing day?

Beautiful instrument with a wonderous pedigree. I await some Allman Bros. tunes! :heart_eyes:

P.S. A cover of Duane Allman’s Goin Down Slow would be an absolute wonder. Some slide action would be a great adventure!

Hope you’ll fire up OBS and a camera and share some thoughts as you doodle. A short video in this Topic will be an ideal way to close this one off. And not being in AVOYP means you can make it with less stress on production and performance quality (like my short ‘practising bending’ video.

2 posts were split to a new topic: NGD Martin 000-12E road model

Sorry peeps no Allman covers planned yet, just jamming freestyle over some backing tracks.

As to a video David ? Mmm not sure sure, as unless its a planned impro (oxymoron?!?) its all very chaotic. If I go down a particular mode route, I’ll refresh myself on the patterns, look for the go to “boxes” and their overlaps, then bounce around chucking the odd bend here and there. But now with an added Bigsby Boogie for good measure. But I likey !! So much El Bucho might get the whammy back on soon :grin:

But a vocal project is taking precedent right now, so laters maybe ?
:sunglasses:

Be careful what you ask for Mr P. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That is a lovely looking guitar Toby and it sounds wonderful. What a great gift to open on Christmas day.

Oops, from now on the term “unboxing” will have a different meaning for me…Thanks :see_no_evil: :joy:

Thanks Stefan, it was well worth the wait ! :sunglasses:

Roger - I suspect you have had your fair share of unboxing, with all the latest acquisitions ! :sunglasses:

You’re right, Toby, and I’m still waiting for new stuff, but a new guitar is of course the best, and yours is really beautiful. :sunglasses:…
But the film that Lieven refers to,…pffff it was very good, but also really horrific…

1 Like