Challenges with the Practice Routine functionality

cc @Socio @DavidP

I just went back and reviewed unit 1. There is good stuff in there thatā€™s not on the app, thanks for pointing me toward it. But the complication of the practice module seems disjointed somehow from the straight forward presentation of the material. I think I understand how to create things to practice, but seeing as I donā€™t know how to play guitar I would have thought the practice routine would be laid out for me (like the app.) Anyway Iā€™ll just use both together.

PS I thought I found a way to populate practice at one point, but I couldnā€™t find it again when I went looking. UXD/UID might be a good next hire or consult.

Edit: an hour laterā€¦within Module 1, lesson #10 of 12, below the video there is a fourth link in addition to ā€œLearn Moreā€, ā€œDiscussionā€, ā€œNotesā€ titled ā€œPracticeā€ that allows you to save a suggested practice routine. Why not just have these in the practice space to begin with? Not a complaint, just an observation :guitar:

@wdperkins

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the Practice routine functionality.

I have not used it myself so canā€™t offer any specific feedback.

All feedback is good feedback, so I shall share this with the JustinGuitar team to reflect, consider, and use to continue to improve the website.

1 Like

Hi I am new to this community chat and Iā€™m not sure how to access help, however I have an issue with a song on the app that I am learning which is 'If you Could Read my Mind ā€™ by Gordon Lightfoot. In the song there is a section near the beginning where the chords donā€™t sound correct. Its the part that includes the words - ā€œJust like a paper-back novel the kind the drug stores sellā€ and on from there. It seems to be that the chords are all over the place in that section but as I am a beginner player, it might be that Iā€™m stuffing it up. It would be good to have a look at the whole song to ensure its all correct. I am also wondering about the ā€˜Dā€™ chord right at the start of the song. Okay hope someone gets back to me.
Cheers. Liz

Hello Liz! You posted your question as a response to different topic, so people might not find it. One of the moderators might move it for you if you wait a while, or you could repost it top level. Good luck with finding and answer.

1 Like

Hi Liz. Comparing to other references to the song the d chord for a start seems to be rouge.

Iā€™ve sent an email to support, (which you can do from the settings bar in the app) see what comes back.

I would have suggested checking out the YouTube lesson, but Justin hasnā€™t done one for this song yet.

You could request this over on the website https://www.justinguitar.com/songs

1 Like