Challenging Rolling Stones lyrics

I’ve been trying to learn “Dead Flowers,” one of my Stones favorites. Three easy chords, straightforward strumming, catchy tune. But can someone answer this: Is it possible for any human other than Mick to sing “…wif a nee-doh and a spah-oon?”

2 Likes

Yep. You will do that just fine Michael! :grin:
Dont find Jagger to be all that good on vocal so you will do that in no time :grin:

Great song, I think I like the version by Keith, Willie Nelson, Ryan Adams and Hank Williams III even better! Check it out if you haven’t heard it. You’d get away from Mick’s singing that way lol (although I do happen to love Mick’s voice :slightly_smiling_face:).

5 Likes

Now that may be a push, Mari :rofl: I’ve enjoyed some great live versions by the Stones, but it is a great version. I do love Keef’s singing.

1 Like

Hi Micheal,
Stay away from that…back back away quietly :smile:,

I think almost anyone who tries to imitate Mick’s things/sounds like that sounds sort like an idiot/not cool :blush: ( And if you can start a Stones tribute band straight away, you’ll soon have a lot of work to do )…
But @Mari63 is cool, and fun to watch with the guitar in hand :sunglasses:
Greetings

3 Likes

So you’re telling me that no matter how many times I practice saying “spah-oon” I’ll never be like Mick? Drat! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve only recently been listening to Keith’s work outside of the Stones. His 2021 album is fabulous.

Aw, C’mon, c’mon!
Who hasn’t stuffed tried stuffing socks down their jocks? :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry not sure how to upload

Consider going to the dentist and getting whatever it is they use to numb you up before pulling teeth. You should be set after that.

:see_no_evil:
I always hope that that is an English/American expression when I hear this expression…

This is my first message of the morning and that image/sentence of yours will …hang… in my mind for a while :laughing:

Now breakfast first :blush:

1 Like

No uploading- you Just copy the YouTube URL and paste it here in the comment section :smiley:

There’s not enough Townes shared here in the Community :neutral_face:

There are only two kinds of songs; there’s the blues, and there’s zip-a-dee-doo-dah.
Townes Van Zandt

5 Likes

Thank you Brian.
Not sure what a url is but I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.

It’s the ‘internet address’ of whatever page you are on.
You can find it at the top of any webpage. Here is this one, highlighted in blue.
Just select it, copy, and paste into any comment section and it will display the page link.