Chocolate Jesus

That was absolutely fabaulous, Danny. Energy and feeling in the delivery generally trumps mechanical correctness. So I never heard any issues when maybe the bass note was not the root note of the chord. Quite possible that you played A over the Dm every now and then which is not going to sound so bad since A is a note in the chord. Similarly if you hit E on the Am.

I loved your choice in how to play the accompaniment. It laid down a fabulous groove, which coupled with an unrestrained just-let-rip vocal made for a most engaging, enjoyable performance. Loved the little flourish at the end of the bridge and in the outro.

Can’t wait for your next!

1 Like

This is fantastic. Really well played :heart:

Hello Danny,
what a fantastic interpretation of this great song :star_struck:. I love your emotional involvement. Keep it - it really gives the song a soul :blush:.

1 Like

Thank you, Adam. :grinning:Sorry about the goosebumps :joy:

That’s super-kind, Rogier, thank you so much! :grinning:

Thank you, Robert. He’s such a terrific, artist. Truly an original.

David, thank you. :grinning: Yes, I think that I lucked-out a little: given the nature of the song/chords, I was able to get away with the misplaced bass notes. I’ve probably distracted many with my, um, enthusiasm! :joy:

Thanks very much again to everyone who has taken the time to comment. It’s been really appreciated. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Danny, that was awesome. A real example of a simple song played well is better than a complicated song played poorly.

Loved the groove, loved the performance. No mis-hits were noticeable, honestly I’d have to go study it in slow-mo to identify one and I usually have an eye & ear for that kind of stuff. Great share.

That was really good loved the groove you had going on! Superb share well done!

What a great cover Danny, a really different take on it and I loved it. You sure made it your own. I too didn’t pick up on any mishits.

Great cover. Well done!

Hi Danny. I liked very much your version of this song. Any missed note was not noticeable for me as the rhythm was steady and fit the groove you were giving to the song.

Nicely done! You’re definitely channelling Tom Waits, but with your own twist. I love how you let yourself feel the groove of this song. Don’t you dare change that! :heart_eyes:

@jkahn @adi_mrok @SgtColon @Mark76 @dobleA @DonnatheDead Thank you all for your kind comments. Have a great weekend, everyone! :grinning:

2 Likes

amazing and fun!

Awesome! Rhythm is great. I like the heavy on the backbeat style you are using. Your singing is fantastic and you have a great voice.

In my opinion you gotta try to nail that bridge as it really transforms the song and sets up the final chorus. I think you have a great opportunity to arrange this piece between the guitar and voice exactly the way you want it… think about using dynamics to your advantage, use your ability to switch between the boom-chick-a vs. straight backbeat rhythm to your advantage in the arrangement, etc.

Great job and I look forward to hearing more from you.

-Dan

@SchuSchu66 Thank you! @ohmygato Thanks for the advice & kind words, much appreciated! I’ll certainly do my best to improve on this.