Chocolate Jesus

OK, here goes: any more prevaricating and this will never be uploaded. My level: just started Module 12 of Grade 2.

This is my take on ‘Chocolate Jesus’ by Tom Waits complete with 10-12 mis-hits with the thumb :roll_eyes:

I do tend to get, um, ‘emotionally involved’ with songs, as you can see :rofl:

33 Likes

Loved it, you made it your own :clap: great stuff :v:

1 Like

Can’t say I heard the mis-hits and liked your emotionally involvement.

1 Like

One of the best versions I’ve heard of this song. Loved it!!

1 Like

Nice job! I didn’t hear the mid hits either. I love your enthusiasm! It’s infectious.

1 Like

I really really likes this one Danny!!! Sounded awsome. Liked your guitar playing and loved your vocal… really cool take on it.
Well done sir!!

1 Like

Well done! You did a great job on a tune that I also put into my rotation. You gave me some good ideas for picking this tune. Loved the style.

1 Like

Terrific version Danny. I loved the percussive strum style, really good. Great vocal too. Your emotional involvement made the whole thing shine. Well done, I look forward to more from you.

1 Like

This is T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C !!! Danny please feel free to share more of your emotional involvement here in the Avoyp section, pleaaasee :pray:
Love it, from start to finish :blush::star_struck::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Bravo Danny !!! Love it !!! Very personnal !!! Love it love it love it !!! Thanks for sharing Danny ! :pray: :partying_face: :sunglasses: :champagne: :pray:

1 Like

wow!!

1 Like

Danny, that was brilliant. The playing, your singing, you being emotional. I want more :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

1 Like

Danny, this was a great interpretation of that beautiful song. So much emotion and soul. I loved your playing and singing. It’s such a cool tune, I really love this song and it can be interpreted, sung and played so many different ways. You made it to your own song!

1 Like

Thank you, Lee :grinning:

Oh, they’re there! :sweat_smile:, Glad you liked the emotion! :grinning:

S’good

1 Like

Just been told off by the forum 'bot for replying to individual messages, so I’ll reply to things here. Hope that I haven’t missed anyone out. :thinking:

Thank you all so very much for the kindness & support you have shown in commenting on my first AVoYP. So many mistakes and serious lack of confidence, yet nothing but positivity from you all. Seriously made my day. Really gives inspiration and desire to carry on.

I have kisses, hugs, pats on the back, thank you notes and doves of peace available: take your pick, you are all welcome to what you desire. Have the most wonderful of weekends and know that you have made mine brighter. :kissing_heart: :hugs: :pray: :dove: :v:

That’s very kind, Dave, thanks.

Thank you. :grinning: Mis-hits are there, Jenny! :sweat_smile: I think that maybe my ‘involvement’ in the song takes attention away from my mistakes on the guitar! :rofl:

Thank you so much, Trond. Very kind. :grinning:

Thank you, Richard. Certainly many different ways of playing this.

Thanks, sairfingers (great name)! I’ll do my best! :grinning:

That’s really very kind, Silvia, thank you! :grinning:

Luc, thank you! :grinning:

Thanks, Will! :grinning:

Nicole, thank you! I’ll try to justify your sunshine with any future efforts! :grinning: :sun_with_face:

Thanks, Andrea. :grinning: I can’t play any other way than to put my all into something. If I start actually thinking about it, that’s when it starts to go wrong! :rofl:

Super-kind, Vitalik. Thank you. :grinning:

6 Likes

That is incredible gave me goosebumps and inspiration to carry on with my guitar journey, love, love, love it :grin:

1 Like

DANNYYYYYY… :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweet :brown_heart: Jesus you are a Treat :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Your guitar playing is good, your voice is really fantastic and your performance is a joy to watch…Your first video??? we can be super overenthusiastic here, especially with the first video, but all the praise above is doubly deserved :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Great interpretation of a wonderful tune! CJ is one of my favorite songs to play.
I really enjoyed your version!

1 Like