Chord Changes For One

I’m on that practice right now and it says you can learn faster with the app. YALL are such Liars Liars. I wish I’d never started this cause apps cannot help you learn faster.

1 Like

Mkay.

1 Like

Hi Kaiya, @KIA
I’m curious what problems you run into, because I’ve read literally hundreds of times how the App has helped people learn to play guitar and with many exercises and that it definitely helped them learn with more fun and therefore faster…
Playing guitar should be fun so I hope you can shed your frustration and have a good time, I wish you all the best and welcome here,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

@KIA
Welcome to the community.
Your post, in plain text on a computer screen could have several meanings. Can we help you with an issue / question here?
:slight_smile:

Would it be best to get my chord changes faster by practicing using a metronome? I know it’s optimal to get 60 chord changes in a minute. I’m at about 25 now.

1 Like

It’s perhaps one way… but it might also be really frustrating, Dana :slightly_smiling_face:

I see you started playing in December 23? In the early modules Justin talks about achieving 30 chord changes between A and D, for example, before progressing to the next module. So you are close, very close :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have Justin’s songs and lessons app? With the app you can slow down songs and work on speed and timing of your chord changes as well. You get backing tracks. Accordingly, I guess playing along to a real song could be much more motivating than using a rather relentless metronome… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No, that is not recommended. The metronome will invade your thoughts and make you feel pressured to make the changes in perfect sync with the metronome beats. Over the course of one minute, you need stamina to keep going with one-minute changes and your speed may vary across the full 60 second span. Just do the one-minute changes with a timer and when playing to songs etc. try to make your chord changes happen in time with the beat and count of 1.

I hope that helps.

Cheers :smiley:

| Richard | JustinGuitar Approved Teacher, Official Guide & Moderator

1 Like

Thanks!