Christmas/New Year party singalongs

Hi Gordon, thanks for starting this thread as we’re all getting very interesting input for our practice. I was reflecting on my guitar goals recently - well I think many of us did the same! - and I happened to think that being a Campfire guitar player might actually not be my cup of tea at the moment…of course I would love it, who wouldn’t? But it feels too difficult for me. I can play soo many children’s tunes with just C and G from memory…well I can still do it if a third chord is added, but if it starts being a 4 chords song my ear struggles to be prompt and recognize to which of the chords I need to switch. If it’s pop or rock or whatever (not children’s tunes) it’s even harder as I don’t have as yet the tools to add all the dynamics and the cool stuff my musical imagination suggests! Much Food for Thought for me from other people’ s replies…

Ps: I’m glad to read you had a good time sharing your guitar with your family!

1 Like

Toby, could you share the file so that we can print it out? Pleaaaseee :pray::innocent::blush:

1 Like

I’ll see if I can extract that one worksheet and drop it into a document on its own. :sunglasses:

In the key of B a biggie :joy:
greetings

1 Like

Better :wink:

1 Like

@SILVIA and anyone who may be interested. Link to my Google Drive added here.

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/common-chord-progressions/2837/41

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks Toby I managed to download it! :grin:

1 Like

For the second year in a row, we have had successful holiday singalongs by screen sharing the Justin Songs App to a big screen smart TV (Roku).

Great for guitar players and singers alike!

Also, my girlfriend’s daughter impressed the hell out of me by playing along on an extra guitar…even though she only plays ukulele.

Between the visible chord diagrams and slowing the tempo, she was able to keep up quite credibly on an unfamiliar instrument.

But I wasn’t at all envious of her natural talent - uh, uh - not me!

Glad you’ve found your solution to the singalong issue Tom. I don’t subscribe to the app so not a path open to me. :smiley:
Also great that you’ve converted someone to guitar! :+1:

1 Like

Following on from @TheMadman_tobyjenner spreadsheet a few posts back, I’ve now come across this Community post. It’s a long one but lots in it.
Common Chord Progressions

I’ll also highlight @stitch Axis of Awesome video.

3 Likes

I’m late to this party …

Within my mantra are many paths / depths / meanings / interpretations / applications.

Perhaps it could be worth shaking the mantra tree to see what comes out and making much of it explicit.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes