Christopher from Malaysia, the very not crazy-rich-asian

I’m not sure if it’s because the community page was refurbished, but I have joined as a member since 2013 and have posted a few stuff previously. Seems like that is lost :smiling_face_with_tear: Anyway, here is a little intro about me

I started playing guitar in 2013 and Justin was my go-to channel because I think his beginners’ lesson is really awesome. As I started to progress into an intermediate level, I was following Justin’s blues lessons very closely. I could say I have sort of plateaued that point until today due to lack of practice and commitment issues. Furthermore, I was more focused on “playing the guitar for fun”.

Recently I started to pick up the guitar more frequently, but focusing more on how to improve on the production side because I like to post covers/originals on social media. I still watch Justin lessons occasionally (sometimes I just wanna see Justin play! :rofl:) But let’s see, hobbies are not constant.

I’m really glad to have such an awesome community to chat with. Feels like a very safe space where we are all looking out for each other. I will be looking forward to helping people in this community whenever I can. Also sometimes I will be sharing some covers/originals. Think of me as just trying to play music for you guys. :grin: All in all, I just wanna help, share music, get feedback, chat, laugh and make some friends. This is such a great space! Thank you Justin for creating it.

16 Likes

Greetings Christopher & welcome!
Looking forward to seeing your videos & hearing from you soon!

Tod

1 Like

Hi Christopher! You are right, this community is a great place. Nice to have you here (again). Have a lot of fun and I’m already looking forward to seeing your videos!

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

Nice to meet you.
Looking forward to seeing more of your material.

Best wishes,

Alan

1 Like

Hi Christopher, Welcome back will be good to see stuff from you :slight_smile:
A

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Christopher. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to you sharing your playing.

1 Like

Welcome (back) Christiopher!

This is most certainly true, an international group of helpful music and guitar loving friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community. We all participate in keeping it a safe and encouraging place.

1 Like

Hi Christopher,
I see you found it :smiley:
Welcome and a lot of fun here :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Christopher, indeed, this is a great place, just a beginner here, but wow, the lessons are awesome.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! May your journy be fruitfull!

Cheers, rock on and SOCIABLE! :cocktail:

1 Like

Hi Christopher, welcome to the community. I look forward to hearing some of your songs.

1 Like

Thank you for all the warm welcoming messages. By the way, I did post a song here earlier before I came to do the introduction, check it out and leave your feedback :slight_smile:

Welcome (back), Christopher! :slight_smile:

Glad you found your way back to the guitar and this community. :smiley: Seems as if you have a solid ground to build on. Have fun and enjoy the ride. :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome from across the Strait. I’m actually visiting KL this coming weekend.

Which area of Malaysia are you in?

Cheers,

Keith

Hey Majik, welcome to Malaysia! How do you like the food here? I’m from Penang, an island on the north side of the country.

The food is great. It’s one of the highlights of living in South East Asia.

I’ve just landed back at Changi and will be heading back to Katong where I live currently. That’s a great foodie area of Singapore if you ever visit.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Hey there, its great to meet fellow countryman here. Wish you have a great guitar learning journey =]

Hey Chris a belated re Welcome. Sounds like you signed up to the old Forum around the time I started here or maybe a little earlier. Yep all that old stuff has been lost, some of the old stagers who crossed the bridge when we migrated, moved some of their stuff over. Other less frequent visitors missed the boat and sadly lots of good stuff, recordings and advice, knowledge lost for good.

But the same old questions keep getting asked and the same advice and answers are given. Everything changes and all stays the same. The only difference now is the villages is now a city. But it keeps that supportive and friendly village feel. So all is good.

Lovely to see you back !

:sunglasses: