Classical Challenge no 2, Etude in C Major, Ferdinando Carulli

Classical Challenge no 2

Second classical challenge, this time it is Etude in C Major by Italian composer Ferdinando Carulli. Alternate finger picking pattern “mi” unfortunately is not there but I’m hoping to get it right on the next piece.

Previous challenge

15 Likes

That was lovely. I think if you added some more dynamics it would really elevate the piece. It is very nice as you’ve played it though.

2 Likes

You look so relaxed and fluid in playing both, Radek, and the tone of the guitar and recordings is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing your progress, always a treat.

1 Like

Thank you Mari. Hopefully dynamics will improve over the year along with other pieces, right now the main challenge is “mi/im” pattern. I already started working on the next song and despite the fact that the song is simple the pattern makes it a challenge.

Thanks for the kind comment David, it is motivating to see that you enjoy this little classical journey. I think in order to understand the present I need first to understand the past.

2 Likes

Wonderful guitar pieces.

For dynamics wise I am sure you have some guitarist/musician in mind to emulate from. I learn it by listening and playing along with them, and subconciously assimilate it =)

1 Like

That was really lovely Radek.

1 Like

Very beautifully done, thank you!

1 Like

Nicely played!
The etude is now on my list of things to learn.

1 Like

Thanks Vincent. Yes, this is true, for the time being I think that whenever it is applicable I try to sound soft and gentle like some of the artist I follow.

Thank you Cate, glad you liked it!

Thanks Felix for commenting!

Thanks Michael! That’s wonderful you find it motivating enough to try it yourself. It is pleasant to learn and a very good exercise piece.

2 Likes

Radek that was really great, another fine classical piece under your belt. Really love how rich your guitar sounds like, well done!

1 Like

Thanks Adrian, happy that you like it :slight_smile:. It took some time to find the right guitar and recording setup but once Justin said, guitar should inspire and motivate to practice. Any guitar that does this is a great one.

1 Like

It sounds lovely Radek. Moreover the tone of your guitar is something special really. I’m also practicing the im/ mi alternated picking: it seems just something to perserve with…I wonder after so much practice I sometimes still repeat fingers on the same string :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Really nice Radek. It looks tricky and you played it so smoothly.

1 Like

Thank you Silvia. If there is anything that I learned about it so far it is that memorising pattern works better if it is memorised for a certain piece. I can visualise tab in my mind and attach certain fingering to certain place on the sheet. Getting the patter done is one thing but applying tempo and dynamics to it is a different story :sweat_smile:.

Thanks JK. Trying to be a diligent student :slight_smile:, good educational piece, F. Carulli is still used for training students of the classical guitar today.

1 Like

Two wonderful pieces there Radek. Your guitar sounds lovely and some really great picking. Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks Stefan, glad you liked it!