Classical Gas - Progress June 2022

Thanks Dan. Awesome! Please post a version of you playing it up here - I’d love to hear it. My attempt is still very much a work in progress, and I’m still learning to play guitar, but I intend to get it down really well and post a more finished version of it here when I’m ready :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I love Tommy Emmanuel’s playing - I purchased my first album of his when he was doing The Journey in the early 90s - so I’ve been listening to him for over 30 years, but I prefer the simpler Classical Gas version if I’m honest. Tommy is a showman of the highest order though and his main objective is to entertain. He certainly does that in this version! Mind blowing technique - I’ve also enjoyed the breakdowns of this performance too (see Guitar Teacher REACTS: Tommy Emmanuel "Classical Gas" [Mason Williams] - YouTube).

My favourite Tommy performance at the moment is his duet with Mike Dawes covering Somebody That I Used to Know (Mike Dawes & Tommy Emmanuel - Somebody That I Used to Know (2021) - YouTube). Both incredible players.

Brilliant! Your tone is so clear, and great dexterity. Thanks for letting us hear this one.

1 Like

Just about anything played by Tommy Emmanuel is worth a listen, better yet, see him live. :grinning: :smiley:

1 Like

Wow! If that’s where you are after 14mths I look forward to seeing you at 28mnth.
That was fantastic. Just remembering it all is amazing let alone playing it as well as you did. Just awesome.

Well done

1 Like

That’s good snarky for only 14 months of playing👍 What lesson did you follow. Did you learn from Justin’s? Neil on Totally Guitars is another good one

1 Like

That was wonderful, and amazing for only 14 months of playing. Well done!

1 Like

Wow that was impressive. To be playing that song after 14 months is fantastic. It is all up hill for you from here. Keep going with it as it is sooooo close to being note and timing perfect.

1 Like

That was a good listen, nicely played!

1 Like