Closer to my Dreamer Song

Hi Silvia,
I took in the 12 min mark going forward. Nice playing there and singing too. You pluck the strings really well in your work. Singing is very nice and I liked the whole shebang. I would like to see you persevere on this song and do a full rendition of it. You seem close to being able to do that and perhaps can in the future?

Boy, that classical looking guitar looks tough to play. I bet you would do even better on a nice necked guitar. Maybe one is hiding under the tree for you? :slight_smile:

All the best!
LB

1 Like

Thank you Stefan, I’m really glad you enjoyed it! The nicest thing with my dreamer song is that I actually never put too much expectation to nail it, but just really by wanting to understand how it worked I made sense of so many things and really developed my skills along the way! Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment :pray::blush:

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for your comment. What you’re writing is relatable indeed, it happens to me all the time!

Nailing one song from start to finish is still a challenge, but I’m more convinced that while I’m still developing my fundamentals it’s worth to be self indulgent! So I try to raise the bar super slowly, little by little! Good luck with your fingerstyle, I’m sure it’ll turn out fine, just follow your feeling on how and how much to practice! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Are you aware of how super beautiful the words you’ve been writing are?! :pray::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback, it was great to read, even if Elise, my Classical Guitar, is protesting that she looks beautifully necked :joy: jokes apart I started learning on a Classical Guitar and for me the wider neck is easier to manage, there’s more space for the fingers to get in the right place, also the barres are way easier!

I can’t say how near this future is, but for sure I’m keeping going! Thank you for the support and motivation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

Very beautiful song and great guitar playing. I have always liked this melody, I would probably like to learn this song too.
Thanks for sharing

Mike

1 Like

beautiful playing and the footage of your journey is inspiring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for listening and your words of appreciation :blush:

Silvia,
Bravo! Bello!! Bellissima!!!
I so enjoyed your video… could see & feel your joys, apprehensions, frustrations, concerns & overall sense of happy relief at the end!!! As an aspiring musician, I have multiple “Dreamers” and have yet to complete any… KUDOS TO YOU for your perseverance!!! Gives me hope that someday this can happen with one or two of my favorites!
Thank you for sharing!!

Tod

1 Like

Hello Tod and thank you so much for your kind words :pray::blush:
Your comment comes with perfect timing as I practiced this only 2 days ago after several months and…yes it’s still here under my fingers, I knew it would, and sounds still very sweet; it kind of goes on autopilot through mussel memory, I’m more aware where the melody is on the neck though and I can adjust
at times when mussel memory fails me…I was just reflecting it wouldn’t be useful to keep on practicing it like this, mussel memory is already super strong, maybe too much :thinking: …but mussels have no will, they just go blindly…I need a new way to practice it! Or maybe I just should invest more time in Ear Training and develop the skill to find straight away the sounds I ear in my mind on the fretboard. I thought I could apply some knowledge from my classical guitar studies, but it could be too early as I’m not playing chords there yet. One day or the other a :bulb: will come to my mind. If you have or anyone else who’s reading this has any suggestion, please let me know.

I’m sure it will! :blush: Never stop questioning, never stop trying, never stop enjoying and do aknowledge every little victory as even the smallest result is a step foward! Relax in your own pace and be comfortable with your individual understanding, always aiming to expand it; if you haven’t yet do check all Justin’s Food for Thought, it helped me hugely. Good luck!