Cocaine (Clapton) Oldhead49

Thanks Dave. Yeah, it sounded fabulous. That PRS is a beauty, not surprised it has become you go-to.

Wow terrific stuff Dave. Iā€™m so impressed you got Clapton to sync to your playing and singing. You must be on very good terms with him! :smiley:

The others have said it all - marvellous and very slightly weird! :smile::smile:

thanks man :blush:.

yeah, because i got mentioned :rofl:

Wow Dave,

One of my favorite songs of all time. You sure paid some dues on this one, I think. Nice rendition and solo work on guitar. You need to spill the beans on how you synced up the video to your play! I did share it elsewhere in the forum, but an explanation belongs here. I think I shared it on @brianlarsen ('s) thread, if memory serves. Maybe there is one above, but I did not see it via a quick scan.

Take care and I trust more of these are in the future at some point? Hope soā€¦
LB

Wow, I really donā€™t think I can add much to what others have said. This was a true joy to watch. Thanks!

Loved it!! Clapton is one of my influences and you did awesome with this!! Nice job!

Thanks, Gordon. He only agreed because he thought people would get a laugh out of it and think itā€™s weird. :joy: :face_with_spiral_eyes:
He was right.

Thanks, LB. It was a fun one to play. No beans on the video sync. Once you get it to a point where you can play it up to tempo along with the MP3, just drop in the video. Itā€™s got to match up pretty close.

Hey, Mark, no comments needed really. Glad it brought some joy to your day.

Thanks, Bytron. Glad you like it.

Dave

What a stellar performance my friend, great in all departments but sync up old EC the way you did was awesome (not a word this old boy regularly uses!!). Just shows your timing was bang in the pocket or you spent hours in front of the video editor. My ears plump for the former.

Cracking job.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Thanks a lot, Toby. After Getting it to tempo with the mp3 ref file, I dropped the video in and ended up with a pretty close sync. I did edit out the organ solo at the end but thatā€™s it. If you watch closely itā€™s a little loose in some spots. Thanks for the listen and comments.

1 Like

You did it again. Well done sir. Nice cover of a cover of a J.J. Cale song. Dig it.

Thanks Clint. Iā€™ve been watching/listening to Cale a bit and just realized he doesnā€™t use a pic, like some other folks here. You and Brian are in good company. Cale has a really unique sound, but I still like Clapton doing Cocaine. Appreciate your listen and feedback.

1 Like

Got it. You will never hear me throw shade on Claptonā€™s playing (or yourā€™s for that matter). The J.J. Cale live versions are such a cool jam band/party vibe that it is truly a cut above, and of coarse a huge influence on Clapton (and little old me). :slight_smile: