Come as you are - Nirvana (Second AVOYP)

Hi Mathieu, I didn’t want to bother you with more questions about how you record your videos and I found this answer very useful. I was sure someone else had already asked the same question before lol

I think it should be pinned somewhere in the forum because there’s a lot of little things here and there you need to know in order to record your own videos with backing tracks and you did a great job explaining the process.

Thanks!

1 Like

This category may be of interest. Lots of advise and guidance has been offered over the years.
:sunglasses:

Thanks Carlos, I’m glad you found it useful :slight_smile: I hope everything will go well with your recording project and I am looking forward to watch it !

You are right, the process has many small steps. It took me a few weeks/months to get everything right when I got my audio interface and my DAW.

My first recording with a backing track was only audio in Reaper, no video in OBS. And then I added the video sync stuff for my second song (this one). So, don’t worry if you don’t get everything right on the first song. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s indeed a lot to learn. I played with backing tracks from Moises and recorded my acoustic guitar with the mic on ableton for the first time today. It was a lot of fun.

I downloaded the droidcam and the obs studio app. Hopefully I have some time this weekend to set up everything and start recording videos as well.

I can’t wait to retire and spend the whole day playing and making music. Too bad I’m only 37 xD

1 Like

So much to like, really good playing and your solo was great. I learned this song too recently and was going to post but was unsure on my sound levels. I thought you got your effects down really great.

1 Like

Thank you for your message @SusanW. I wish I could like your post twice ah ah ! That’s really nice of you :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to see your version.

1 Like