Come Back Baby - Acoustic Blues

Haha That’s indeed an idea.
I have one lying around here, so I’ll give that a go.

Glad you like it.
He has got some really nice tunes.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the nice words.
I’ll work on the facial expression, to make it worth your while next time :joy:

Curious which band from Antwerp it will be. :open_mouth:

Really nice playing…RG

1 Like

Hi Sebastian

That was really good very well played. I do notice similer to myself that you tap the beat with your right leg. I am trying to change that to avoid the guitar hopping around as I play but it sure isn’t easy.

1 Like

Hi Will, thanks for the listen and nice comment.

The tapping with my right leg, doesn’t bother me anymore.
It did for a while and I tried to exclusively tap with my left, which got confusing by times :grin:

I try to keep the movement small, but I’ve played so much with a metronome that now, I actually do not think about the tapping anymore.

Not sure how others feel, but I believe that from a certain point it will become natural and the hopping of the guitar doesn’t stand in the way of your playing.

Thanks for the listen :slight_smile:

Only just starting to get into acoustic blues but this sounds awesome, nice job.

1 Like

Thanks for the nice comment and for taking the time to listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful @Sebastian_Dewulf-Ortega. So relaxing and played with feeling and grace. Don’t worry about faces at all. Prince and BB King are 2 I can think of just now that had interesting expressions but when I watch them play it so doesn’t matter.

1 Like

That was very well played mate. Acoustic blues is something that I’ve grown to love since I picked up the guitar and enrolled in Justin’s course. I kind of agree and disagree with @DavidP with regards to the bass notes. To me the muted bass notes need to be a bit stronger (maybe thumb pick) but they shouldn’t get in the way of the melody. To me its a bit like I want to hear the bass but I don’t want it to get in the way of hearing the singer. But that’s just my personal opinion and I’m just a beginner so what do I know. The only meaningful thing I can say is that is good inspiration for this young grass hopper just getting into acoustic blues.

2 Likes

Thanks for your compliments and input Socio.
I’ll be experimenting with the volume of the bass notes. I agree when you say they shouldn’t get in the way of the melody, but they can be a bit louder in this recording I think.
Enjoy your day :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the encouragement Bob :slight_smile:

That was some mighty fine playing! You sure have a feel for the blues :slight_smile:

1 Like