Community Guide - How To etc

This thread will contain useful how-to’s.
Stuck trying something?
Come and check here first!

1 Like

QUOTE A USER

There are several ways to quote (experience may vary on phone/tablet)

1. Select a piece of text in the post of a user. A button “quote” appears.

2. Select a piece of text in the post of a user and press ‘q’ on your keyboard.

3. Reply on a post and press the text balloon on the top left of your editing window to quote the full post

4. Use the quote icon in a post to manually write or copy paste a quote

1 Like

SEARCH AND LINK TO CATEGORIES AND TOPICS

You can link to a category by typing # and a list of categories will appear for you to select from.

You can search and link a topic in 2 ways:

I think there are two ways to link to a topic.

1. Clicking the hyperlink :link: icon in the editing post box. paste a URL or search topics. Type a word or piece of sentence that appears in the topic title you are looking for and several topics will be suggested, based on what you were looking for.
    Note: It will become very hard to navigate once the Community is full of topics with similar names…

1. Just using that same hyperlink :link: icon below the first post of a topic and copying and pasting that link either just like that or using the URL optional title option under hyperlink icon in the editing box (first image again basically).

This is my test copy-pasting the link from the first post in this topic. There’s even a little bit of content that comes with it:

Can we do hyperlinks to forum sections? New Community issues and questions

2 Likes

CHANGE AVATAR OR PASSWORD.

Click on your avatar, top right
open the preferences

Click “edit my information”

You will be taken to the settings of the website, to edit your info there

WHAT IS THE DISCOURSEHUB APP?

Discourse promotes the usage of the DiscourseHub app to browser the JustinGuitar Community of your mobile devices.

We don’t support it though.
User Experience is mixed and we can’t guarantee consistency with the Community itself