Completely unexpected NGD - Squier CV Starcaster

After 40 years my wife stopped asking me to get rid of the speakers, the system and my 1,000+ LPs. She’s a sweaheart. She’s accepted they are part of who I am. In return, I will have to find a good home for them before I go.

And yes, although they sound good anywhere, you have to sit in that sweet spot to fully appreciate the sound.

Hahahaaa… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Enjoy! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thread drift is awesome!

On the topic of unusual and large speakers that will ruin you for anything else.

When I was in my early twenties, which would be around 35 years ago now, I worked in the hospitality industry and spent my summers in the mountain resort town of Jasper Alberta.

While there one of the friends I made was a young university student who was waiting tables for the season and he was a hardcore audiophile. He was able to finance his obsession by working at a high-end retail store while attending classes and I’m pretty sure he never collected a single paycheck from them for his efforts.

Naturally being obsessive, in addition to a couple of suitcases full of clothes, he also managed to drag his entire stereo system a few hundred miles to the west for summer rather than leaving it to his roommates to use and abuse. I wish I could recall the components he had, I want to say McIntosh but I can’t be certain, however, I do vividly recall his set of Carver planar speakers as they were close to 6 feet tall!

To this day I have never heard a set of speakers that would even come close to these behemoths!

Pictures from the web:

1 Like