Congratulations and thanks to David Preece

3 cheers for @DavidP who has entered the ranks of the moderators :slightly_smiling_face: (recently discovered whilst testing boundaries :wink:)
Even the newest of members will have encountered his positive and encouraging comments.
Hip hip hooray! x3 :tada:

14 Likes

Shouldn’t this be posted in #announcements
@DavidP Congrates David on your promotion. Hope you don’t have to spend to much time
cleaning up after Brian :rofl:

4 Likes

Trying to get on the new mod’s good side already eh Brian? :joy:

Seriously though congratulations David, couldn’t think of anyone better for the job. You’re always so friendly, welcoming, and most of all so incredibly generous with your time. When I first joined the old forum you were the first to reply to my terrible AVOYP post and I clearly remember being blown away by your kindness.

Thanks for motivating and supporting all of us throughout the years my friend, we are truly lucky to have you here.

5 Likes

Congrats @DavidP ideal for the job! you’re pretty much a one man forum machine as it is! and it’s got a heck of a lot busier since the move. I’ll have stay on your good side now :rofl:

3 Likes

Well obviously that’s a first test for David straight from Brian’s arsenal, checking how quick he will pull the trigger and move it across :grinning:

I have already sent congratz to David earlier today however doesn’t hurt to tell it twice - well done Mr D!

3 Likes

Jumping on the bandwagon to appreciate @DavidP for everything he contributes here. Is it really a ‘promotion’ though if it means having to invest energy in keeping our motley crew / Mötley Crüe in line???

5 Likes

The way you put it @mari I’m not sure anymore whether we should be congratulating or consoling him. :joy:

5 Likes

We’ll have to check in a week or so to see if he starts drinking more or loosing his hair. :scream:

4 Likes

I think @DavidP must be having a lie down after the shock… no reply! David is usually like a whippet up a drain pipe when something gets posted

7 Likes

Oh no. Does this mean his posts will be even longer and his explanations even more detailed! :joy:

6 Likes

Congrats Mr P, could not think of anyone more suited to the role, Chappeau. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

You got it all wrong Jason, I am sure there is a bit of hazing happening behind the curtains and good old Richard and Lieven handed over David a broom to sort out some cobb webs and put everything around in the right place so they can sit back and relax for a change :sunglasses::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Oh, I hope so…

See how I got past the 20 character thing?

4 Likes

Congratulations David, I know you’ll be a valued and valuable member of the team. :clap:

3 Likes

Congratulations and condolences, David! I’ve been a forum moderator before (seems like many lifetimes ago), so I know both sentiments are in order. Even a newbie like me can tell how much you have meant to the group here and how much positivity you bring to everyone. Looking forward to so much more!

4 Likes

Congratulations @DavidP - I can’t think of a better person for the job

3 Likes

Way to go, @DavidP Heck, I always considered you a moderator from way back anyhow. Well, now maybe you can keep @brianlarsen in check. :joy: - or not. Best to you.

4 Likes

Thank you all, always so generous and supportive, which means the world to me.

We say “It takes a village to raise a child”, well I am raised by this Community. I’m humbled and honoured in equal measure to have been picked from the many here whom I could mention who’d be as worthy and capable.

Now I’ve more to learn and will strive to serve as Richard and Lieven do. There’s a thought … I could change my Community name to “Little Richard” :laughing:

I’ve laughed and smiled my way through all the replies, and to avoid adding grist to @sairfingers mill, will only add extra specifics selectively, to keep this from becoming another extra long read.

@brianlarsen Well spotted Brian. When the change was made before a formal announcement I wondered who might spot it and comment.

@stitch Rick, I expect an announcement will be made and then we can tidy up.

@mari Maybe ‘appointment’ would be the word that sits better with me than ‘promotion’, regardless of what comes with the job :grin:

Thanks again for all the replies, what a way to start my day.

6 Likes

Congratulations David. :bouquet: :sunflower: :guitar: :confetti_ball: :drum:…you are a warm person…or should we call you Sir now…good luck and have fun at work.

1 Like

@DavidP Congratulations and well done Mr P. I cannot think of a more deserving person for this. Always helpful and always positive. :slight_smile:

1 Like