Counseling for buying a 12 strings acoustic guitar

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: Thank you :pray: I will explore. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Rick. Very very helpful :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I can assure you that a lot of classic rock songs that most people think are played with a 12 string are actually Nashville tuned. I think ā€œWild Horsesā€ and ā€œHotel Californiaā€ were recorded with Nashville tuned guitars (IIRC).

1 Like

Youā€™ve piqued my curiosity about ā€œNashville tuning.ā€ I was completely unaware of this, so I went and read up on it. I just might try it out on my Enya Nova Go carbon composite guitar that I hardly ever use.

2 Likes

Odd things happen in recording studios!

Fun story Chris played the slide guitar part on Black hole sun but couldnt mute the strings so they just strung the guitar with the 1 string and played it on thatā€¦

2 Likes

I used a Nashville strung guitar on the acoustic lead and rhythm parts for this highly experimental track:
I Shot the Deputy

EDIT: I still havenā€™t figured out how to embed a SoundCloud track.

1 Like

Iā€™d heard of Nashville tuning, but took this opportunity to have a closer look. Itā€™s a very cool idea.

It seems like it is mostly used for recording, in conjunction with a normally tuned guitar and not so much for single instrument work. I donā€™t suppose you often see somebody singing and accompanying themselves just with a Nashville tuned guitar. In that sense, it may or may not be a good substitute for a 12-string guitar.

It sounds like itā€™d be fun to muck around with, but, alas, I have only 1 acoustic guitar.

I play a Taylor 6 string, so went right to the Taylor 12 string. It holds a tuning extremely well and retuning it is as easy as tuning my 6 string twice.

2 Likes

:smiley:This is very good Ed :smiley: You give me another insight. Clear and simple. Ā« ā€¦Tuning my 6 strings twiceā€¦. Ā». Iā€™m going to my guitar store tomorrow, spend the afternoon trying guitars. Helps me get out of my headā€¦ Thanks a lot Ed and good evening. :pray: :pray: :pray:

By the way, I play on a 6 strings Taylor too :wink: :upside_down_face:

Iā€™m bad enough on six strings. I donā€™t need the challenge of twelve (nor can I justify spending what another Taylor would cost.)

I donā€™t expect youā€™ll see a Framus while youā€™re looking at 12-strings in Quebec but if you do be sure to give it some time.
Iā€™ve had my Framus Legacy FD 14 for a few years now and I love it.

I would take a look at Ibanez 12 strings also, they make a really nice one for around 850 $CAD

Thank you Darrell :exclamation: Iā€™ll go and try. First feed back for Ibanez. Thank you. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I have a Yamaha 12-string that I like a lot, and it didnā€™t cost an arm and a leg either.

Thank you JĆ³zsef :exclamation: I went to the guitar store this afternoon and the guy gave me guitars to try and the Yamaha (not to expensive) was the first one and she sounded very good. Thank again JĆ³zsef for your tĆ©moignage :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like