Cover of Country by Paul Weller

A favourite of mine from the Wildwood album. All comments appreciated, I’m here to learn.

22 Likes

Hello Ian, that is such an enjoyable performance :blush:. Very solid playing, and really well sung, with a nice finish in the single strings​:clap::+1:. You appeared to be very relaxed - no signs of RBS or similar :slightly_smiling_face:.
I’ve never heard of this artist, let alone the song, but I really like it :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words Nicole. Really never heard of Paul Weller…wow? Lead singer from The Jam :ok_hand:

1 Like

I think, I also don’t know The Jam :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Lovely just lovely Ian. Really nicely played and sung. I find Paul Weller songs hard to sing but you got it spot on here.

1 Like

Cheers Eddie, much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Love this! I’m a big Weller fan, I do quite a few of his songs. “The Loved” is a big fave of mine. You have more than done it justice👍

1 Like

Very kind Michael. I’ve been a big Weller fan since the first Jam album, aye I’m that old :joy::joy:

Same! :joy:

1 Like

Hi Ian, I thought you played and sang really well. Such an enjoyable listen. Second Paul Weller inspired AVOYP recently, keep em coming I say. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Cheers alan👍

1 Like

Well played and sung Ian, you nailed that one. I enjoyed that performance.

1 Like

Thanks Gordon. Surely it’s time for another one from your good self?:+1:

1 Like

Very enjoyable listen, Ian! :clap:

That was a great rendition of a (yet) unknown song for me, so I’ll probably check this and other Weller-stuff, because it sounds like a thing I could like. :smiley:

Very smooth playing and singing, relaxed vibe. Well done! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the lovely feedback Lisa, definitely check him out :+1:

1 Like

Never really considered looking at any Weller songs Ian despite being more into his solo stuff than Jam. That was really enjoyable and has now planted a seed :grin:

Awesome work :+1:

1 Like

Much appreciated Mark. Definitely right up your street I’d imagine :+1:

1 Like

Always like to listen to some good Weller music and this didn’t disappoint. Relaxed playing and singing throughout, so I was more than happy to sit back and just listen. Lovely job sir !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Very much appreciated Toby, thanks :+1:

1 Like

That was really good Ian. Stands as a performance quite well! I like your easy singing tone and relaxed strumming.

1 Like