Cover of Gotta Gettaway by Stiff Little Fingers

I haven’t been doing much lately so decided to do a cover of this song from one of my favourite bands from back when I was but a laddie! Hope you like it. :+1:https://youtu.be/2h21JpjMzQg

12 Likes

Great stuff Ian, really enjoyed that. I have to admit I don’t know any of their stuff, I was mainly listening to Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Hawkwind in the late 70’s early 80’s, but on the strength of your performance I can maybe feel a dive down a youtube rabbit hole coming on!

1 Like

Ian they’re a Belfast punk band who still tour regularly. Well worth checking out :+1:

1 Like

Ian

Excellent performance: good dynamics in the strumming and confidently sung. Your Scottish burr reminded me of when I were but a laddie too! I’m a Fifer who gotaway!

Brian

1 Like

Cheers Brian much appreciated. Didn’t think I had a burr, but not complaining!:joy:

Not as shouty/angry/fast and loud as I remember them, but i suppose I’ve mellowed too :rofl:
Nice cover. I love learning to play songs I used to listen to :smiley:

1 Like

Well played Ian. A confident vocal performance with some good strumming dynamics.

1 Like

Very nice performance Ian, completely unfamiliar but liked that. That punk style translates pretty well acoustically I have to say!!
Nice share :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ian,
That is a very nice performance of this song :sunglasses: :clap: :clap:
Greetings

1 Like

Very nicely played Ian. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice playing, would never have thought of trying SLF.

1 Like