Cover - Only Living Boy in New York

16 Likes

Excellent cover, Jay
Well played and great vocals :smiley:
At first I thought it was another one of your originals. It had that kind of vibe :sunglasses:
When the backing track kicked in, I fired up google and found the original was by an equally talented songwriter :wink:
(The title of the track sent me down an ‘unloved gem’ rabbit hole :smiley:(

2 Likes

Brian, I listened to your cover of Loneliest Boy in the State of Nevada and just loved it. Fantastic job!

1 Like

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence, Jay, but those links were originals by the Lonelyhearts :laughing:
I did share mine back in the day, but are not quite ‘bump-worthy’ :rofl:

Sounds great, Jay, lovely playing and singing. Great use of backing.

I agree with Brian, can see why you’d be drawn to cover the song. Though maybe not knowing the original, perhaps this is just your natural style coming through in how you play it.

1 Like

It’s always a pleasure to listen to your songs! Your playing is very enjoyable and you are blessed with a great voice!

1 Like

Super cover version of this classic Jay. Beautifully played and sung.

1 Like

Ohhh. Brian, I thought, wow, that guy has gotten really good!

1 Like

Very nice, Jay. I always enjoy your originals and your covers. Such talent!

1 Like

That was beautiful, Jay. Great rendition! :clap:

Haven’t heard that one in ages, almost forgot about it. Thanks for bringing it back. So well played and sung. A most enjoyable listen. :smiley:

1 Like

Really good rendition, and very tasteful use of backing track, can I ask where did you get it, or did you put it together yourself?
On second thoughts if you did it yourself I don’t want to know, no one likes a show off…
Just kidding, great job all round👍

1 Like

Thanks Mike. The backing track is from karaoke-version.com.