Creating a songbook and staying focused!

Hello everyone! reading what everyoneā€™s working on is inspiring and encouraging! truth is, lately I feel like Iā€™m losing motivation due to other issues in life, but Iā€™ve no intention of stopping! idk if anyone feels the same way, but if you have tips on staying motivated Iā€™d love to hear them!

Iā€™m also starting to build my songbook (though Iā€™ve yet to master any of the songs :joy:) and Iā€™m slowly figuring out how to find songs I enjoy and can also play! Iā€™m not very good yet, but Iā€™m looking forward to making progress!

(if anyoneā€™s curious, hereā€™s my current songbook)
Human Fly - The Cramps
Stand By Me - Ben E King
Come As You Are - Nirvana
Valentineā€™s Day - David Bowie (Iā€™m really bad at this one but itā€™s fun lol)
Claraā€™s Theme from Doctor Who - Murry Gold

4 Likes

Hello and and there some cool songs your working on . Currently I a working on about 5 songs from Led Zeppelin stairway to heaven , Metallica nothing else matters and nirvana. Something in the way ,Stevie nicks leather and lace and Tom petty free fallin. So have fun learning I always do.

1 Like

Hi @RienZ1936
Perhaps the notes from some of my previous Live Clubs could inspire/help you?
You have to be logged in on the website

Building repertoire:

making songs your own:

Wth recording: Set and conquer your guitar goals

4 Likes

I think my advice would be to not spread yourself too thinly. Maybe 5 songs at once is too many if your practice time is limited? For me personally Iā€™d rather make good progress in 1 or 2 songs than knowing bits and pieces of many. Maybe youā€™re well on with these songs already and itā€™s just details that need working on.

1 Like

those are some great songs too! I can only do the opening from nothing else matters, congrats on mastering it! I will Absolutely enjoy learning more!

youā€™re probably right, most of these songs i just know bits of. i think ill try to master human fly and come as you are for now!

2 Likes

The Cramps. Hell yeah, I know your rad as Fuuugazi!

Bad music for Bad People

Such a great release and a big deal when I was a kid.

Check out Death Ray Catā€™s Youtube channel. If you are in to that sound he has a bunch of good stuff you might enjoy.
:metal:

1 Like

I wonā€™t charge you for this tip :shushing_face: a good way of staying motivated Iā€™ve found is involvement in this wonderful community and building a good network of supportive and encouraging community friends.

3 Likes

You might find that recording yourself with the backing track is a motivation booster as you get a final product at the end. And when you feel not motivated with guitar, you can go back to the videos and see that you are able to achieve great things.

Bonus point : it forces you to learn the full song.

3 Likes