D Shape Explorer Lesson

Nice one Mira! I’m also working on module 15 and planning some work around the D shape lesson, so much variety :slight_smile:

1 Like

I liked the sound of the strumming with chord variations in the video intro and at around 2:35, 3:11, 3:40, 4:14. It would be nice to combine the chord exploration practice with the strumming into a riff, but haven’t quite got it yet. Any advice on how to replicate what Justin does in the video as a starting point?

1 Like

Listen to what he’s doing over and over. Just like you were learning a song. Slow the video down and try to play along with Justin. You’ll get it and it’s good ear training

2 Likes

This was a fun bit of practice

2 Likes

Why does it sound like by Hight E (1st) string always sound like it overpowers the D chord and its shapes? Am I somehow strumming wrong?

1 Like

Came across this week at the guitar club one of these rare chords that Justin mentions at about 9.00 in the video, Daug, although Justin calls is D sharp five which is of course what it is. He also goes onto to say you might come across it in ABBA or LZ songs and sure enough it was in Mama Mia. There is a lot of fast changes between D and Daug so the most efficient way to do it was keep fingers 1, 2 and 3 in place and use your little finger to play the #5 as Justin mentions.
Michael

2 Likes

I think it’s because 1st string has a higher frequency because is thinner and high frequencies tends to be louder. Or to say it better, brighter.

A good example is the low E and the higher e. The higher e has a clearer, louder sound and tone.

I think you aren’t doing something wrong.

1 Like

That is inspiring and is a nice solid goal. Thank you for that.

:smiley:

1 Like

1 Like