Danny from Montréal

Greetings!

My name is Danny, I am from Montréal Canada. I’m 63 years old and like many others, I decided to pick up the guitar during the Covid pandemic after not having played since my mid 20’s. I’m so grateful to have found Justinguitar and really don’t think I would have stuck with it without Justin’s teaching! I’m now following Grade 3 module 17 and really enjoying it!

Like some others in my age bracket I’m challenged with some arthritis issues but will forge ahead regardless! I am struggling with E7 and the B7. Anyone else? Haha…

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dan. There are quite a few of us Canadians here.

2 Likes

Welcome Danny…I imagine arthritis to be quite bad, definetely something not worth to pay attention to :wink::blush:…nice to read you’re not!

2 Likes

Hi Dan, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hi Dan,
I wish you a long time and a lot of fun here :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dan, have a lot of fun and enjoy learning!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, great to meet you. There are many alternative ways to finger most chords if your arthritis gets in the way. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Danny. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:wave: hi ya.

R

2 Likes

Welcome Danny - hope you have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome Danny. I struggle with B7 as well.

1 Like

Welcome to this friendly forum. Any queries you have will be answered by the very experienced members on here.

1 Like

Hello Danny and welcome to the community.

Ah … B7 … yes, I remember it well. It can take some time.

Enjoy it all and ask if you need any help.
Cheers, Richard
:slight_smile:

Welcome Danny and good to see another who’s kickstarted there playing again. Well you found the right place to learn with Justin and the right support networks in the friendly community !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Dan, welcome. Arthritis or not you’ve progressed a lot. I’m originally from Colombia, but live in Southwestern Ontario.

1 Like

Dan, welcome to the community. I have trouble playing the C7 chord. Fortunately I never have to use it. :-). I prefer to play the 2 finger E7 chord, since my pinky finger doesn’t alway cooperate. Keep playing and having fun.

1 Like

Welcome!

Power chords and a cranked amp and you’ll be fine. :crazy_face:

Cheers :beers:
Richard

Glad to know I’m not alone!

1 Like

Thanks Tony👍

1 Like

Hello to all Canucks! Playoff hockey and guitars! Who can complain!

1 Like