DarkWillowTM & Majik meet

This afternoon, @DarkWillowTM and I met up for a chat and a bit of an exchange of musical ideas and a jam. We met at my apartment in Katong.

This actually isn’t the first time we have met. The first time I was fairly unprepared due to a total lack of meaningful practice so Vincent did all of the playing.

This time, I had found some time to practice. I played a couple of finger-style numbers I have been revisiting recently: “Both Sides Now” and (very appropriately) “Vincent”.

Vincent introduced me to a piece he is learning which is a guitar version of “Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence” which is in an interesting tuning (DADGAC) as well as involving a lot of tapping and percussive work, which he is very good at. I had a go and was not very good at it, but he has inspired me to try to practice some more of these techniques.

We also had a bit of a random jam, as well as playing around with a couple of Green Day songs I had learned parts of for a local Jam Session I went on a couple of months ago.

Vincent also, generously, bought over some Mooncake for us to try. At the moment, it is the Mid-Autumn festival which is a traditional festival celebrated in Chinese culture. The giving of Mooncakes, which are small round pastries filled with various fillings, such as bean paste or mixed nuts and fruit, often with a round eggy centre symbolizing the moon. They are sold in elaborate and beautiful boxes in many of the local stores and markets.

Vincent also showed me one of the tracks he has put together with Hatsune Miku singing a famous poem about the moon.

It was a fun afternoon and I’m grateful for Vincent visiting. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet up again in the coming months before I come back to the UK for Xmas.

Cheers,

Keith

27 Likes

What a great share it’s great to see you two together , making music and sharing good times.
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for your gregarious host Mr Keith, I am looking forward to see you soon :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

How nice to be able to meet. Great photo and I’m glad to read you had a good afternoon.

I’m glad you explained that Keith, as I was thinking it was something totally different. :smiley:

1 Like

How fun! Great idea to meet up.

It would be nice to have more local meets. Although I am a loner when it comes to guitar, it would be fun.

Not as exotic as Singapore, but anyone in the Denver area? At least we have good beer and mountains!

1 Like

Great post and seems as both of you had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Making music is always a good reason to meet up.

2 Likes

Nice! Sounds so fun! :smiley: Great pic too!
Thanks for sharing :sunflower:

1 Like

Sounds great, hope you guys had an awesome time!

1 Like

How good is it when likeminded people can catch up from time to time for a chat about a shared passion​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi Majik and Vincent
Wonderful to read. :sunglasses:…sound recordings will follow in a few days I assume :grin:
Greetings

2 Likes

You can have all of the recordings we made on the day.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

These are called spacecakes Stefan :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: Thanks Adi, I knew their name had something to do with something celestial. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s super cool! :smiley: Great write up, Keith, sounded like a lot of fun! Meetups/jams like this seem uncommon here, but could be a great aspect of the community that might grow in time? I hope to read about more in the future :wink: Thanks for sharing guys! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Great to hear you had a meetup something fantastic meeting others with the same passion and through jutting also :+1:
A

1 Like

Hi Keith, and @DarkWillowTM of course
:smiley:
I can’t be the only one who would enjoy a small compilation of images and sounds of the day…
Greetings

You got it!

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

For that I might need some mic setup lol, or with the audio interface ready.
Might consider getting a mobile recording setup in the future since I do random jam on public piano too :grin:

2 Likes