December AVOYPS - ** 1.12.23 - "LUCILLE" - BB KING **

Hey, Rogier, let me take care of this one- :wink:
This is how our Dutch friend tags me sometimes
It goes way back to when I was being a bit picky with some comment and he accused me of pedantry with the Dutch word Miereneurker , which would translate as ‘antf***er’.
It pops up every now and again when one of us is being ‘picky’ :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow that was outstanding. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Honoured…truly honoured…:nerd_face:.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Jeeeeez!! All hats off Shane :clap:

(Dont go too deep down that Blues rabbit hole though, im still waiting on another Lou Reed performance :grin: )

1 Like

Much appreciated Trond. Thanks for dropping in and having a listen.

I am lost to the Blues forever I’m afraid😛. Lou Reed however, is still very much in the pipeline.

Cheers, Shane

Yeah… not hard too see you have gone down that hole pretty much forever Shane :rofl:
But…. That blues looks really really good on you so keep the blues comin mate!

I’ve seen pkenty of your playing Phil. You’re pretty fluent yourself my friend.

Cheers, Shane

Really enjoyed your video Shane.
Really good blues playing, you got across to us ‘feeling’. That can be hard to accomplish.
Really great tone too.

Keep on rockin man!

1 Like

Dude that was inspirational. As an old padiwan just learning the skills, I’m learning and being inspired by your posts.

Beyond my play grade to give any meaningful feedback so just a big thumbs up from me.

1 Like

Wow that was really excellent! I thought your bends were great, and your vibrato and slides. I loved the little runs you did moving around neck. So cool. You really made it your own. Thanks for sharing, Susan

1 Like

Dude, you are coming on strong! You just picked up a subscriber. I like what you are dishing out. Looks like I have some work to do to check out your previous tracks. Twelve subscribers has you terribly under-appreciated. Come on message board fam, show some love and support your boy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Clint. Much appreciated mate. You persuaded me to ‘go public’ some time ago, so thanks for that. Have been in touch with some great people since.

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

I’ve got nothing but positivity to add here Shane. You’re doing amazing work on the song. I still can’t solo yet so leave it to the professionals here to give tips. I could tell you connected with the song and. BB King for sure.

Jeff

1 Like

Shane, I really enjoyed listening to that. I think that in the beginning you really nailed the essence of the BB King tone. I did go back and listen to the original BB King recording of Lucille and heretical as this sounds the tone of those older recordings is a little thinner, but it is probably the older technology. It is amazing what modern technology can do. You are at least a couple of years ahead of me, so for someone like me who got back into guitar to eventually play the blues, you are inspirational to me. I look forward to seeing your progress.

1 Like