Deep Purple - Burn Solo cover (video)

Hi Justin gang,

Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

I’ve made one more of those short “solo only, but then video” recordings - this time playing through the amazing Blackmore solo for “Burn”. The keyboard player in my band voted this song as one of the next tracks he would like to add to the set (in addition to Final Countdown)… so I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me!! He just thinks they are cool on keyboard, and have confidence I can actually manage to learn those two MONSTER solos… Thanks for the confidence Bo, I better get cracking then :wink:

Quite a tricky little bugger this one, actually a fair amount harder than the “Highway Star” solo that I posted a few months back. Hope some of you rockers out there will like it, and that I did it some justice! :wink:

23 Likes

Aced it again Kaspar :smiley:
Recognised it straight away and if you had just played to to me without saying, I would have believed it was the original :open_mouth:
I’m going to fire up my new pedal toy, find those settings and do the same :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! :open_mouth: absolutely nailed that solo :clap: very impressive playing :v:

1 Like

Whoa kicked it out of the park as usual Mr F.

No words to add… but :

Please send this to your keyboard player and get him to drop Europe and crank up the Hammond :crazy_face:
Something for you both here !

1 Like

Hi Kasper,
Thanks for another video :sunglasses:, that makes listening much more fun and seems to sound even better(or even a bigger dream to ever achieve…dream on dream on :see_no_evil:) when those fingers fly so smoothly over that fretboard :clap: :sunglasses:
Greetings…

1 Like

@brianlarsen Sounds like a plan! Just find the first good sounding Plexi preset and off you go :wink:

@Chazzo78 Thanks so much, happy you enjoyed it!

@TheMadman_tobyjenner That’s also an awesome track (that I’m sure the keyboard player loves as well - he does love his Hammond tones).
That being said; I’m not going to lie - I actually have a thing for Final Countdown as well. Yes, it’s perhaps overplayed, a bit corny and their haircuts and choice of pants is a bit much… but it’s still part of the soundtrack of my youth! :wink:

@roger_holland Thanks for checking it out!
I like to work both ways; sometimes a multi-track and multi-layered recording, where you’re slaved over the mix and tones to get it exactly right, is just the thing. And sometimes the raw honestly of simply plugging in, dialing in a tone, and capturing a full take on video is cool as well!

2 Likes

That is some seriously impressive shredding, man! Awesome!!!

1 Like

What a coincidence, I was listening to that song only a few minutes ago and here you are!
Nice take! Nice guitar too!

1 Like

Yeah, that was epic. Love the video.

I’ve been trying to figure out some better right hand technique recently and watching you do this was really good for inspiration and technique.

1 Like

Oh. That was cool Kasper!!! Absolutly justified :fire:

1 Like

Fantastic playing, Kasper :star_struck:!
Very impressive. I’ve just started my electric journey and am light years from your level (and probably always will :sweat_smile:).
That was a great listen :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.
And yes, I also like The Final Countdown :blush:.

1 Like

Hi Kasper, amazing guitar solo work, I really liked your sound, it is very similar to the authentic sound of Blackmore, my applause to you, bravo!!!

Mike

1 Like

Wow what a treat to watch you play Kasper, that was insanely good!

1 Like

Love it, great job, man!

1 Like

I think your keyboard players confidence in you is justified Kasper, that was superb and you looked to be playing it with easy. Man, your fingers can move. Bravo!

I hope you post your playing of, the final countdown, that song will take me right back to my youth.

2 Likes

Smoly Hokes Kasper! I absolutely love your " Burn" solo! I will have to watch your Highway Star solo next. I am a huge Deep Purple fan, though I do not know any DP solos, just rhythms. Rock On bro!

1 Like

Sounds fantastic, spectacular to watch (as always), Kasper

@TheMadman_tobyjenner might just be most scary for the singer, Toby, and you had to pick the live over studio rendition :rofl: What about Lazy? Love the song and more so on MIJ.

And I suppose for the gigs the band plays one can see how Final Countdown would be an audience favourite, perhaps more so than Purple classics.

1 Like

Hey Kasper,
I think for this old rocker, it fits the bill. Great to see you playing and allowing us to tag along. Great tone and play, as is always the case when you take on something like this.

You are on a roll, don’t stop!
LB

1 Like