Deep Purple - Wasted Sunsets

Hi fellow guitarists!

This is my guitar cover of the fantastic Deep Purple ballad “Wasted Sunsets”, of their 1984 album “Perfect Strangers”. This is one my favorite Deep Purple songs, and I think Richie Blackmore’s playing on this one is extremely soulful and interesting - so it was a joy to finally sit down and learn all those licks!

I tried my best to put as much soul into my own playing, so I hope you like it!

14 Likes

Great cover Kasper, everything was just so good! Tones, dynamics and accuracy absolutely wonderful :ok_hand::clap::metal:t2:

1 Like

Wow, incredible Kasper. 100% nailed. No more to say.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Fantastic cover. One of my favorite DP songs too. It’s sad, that they’re not that popular now.

1 Like

Great !!! Bravo Kasper !!! Realy realy realy good !!!

1 Like

Incredible guitar work, wow! :open_mouth: brilliantly played :v:

1 Like

Soulful, indeed!
Love your guitar playing!

1 Like

Jeez! If I see an AVOYP from you, Kasper, I know I’m in for a treat, and that did not disappoint, top shelf stuff my friend! Dripping with soul and overflowing with class. Impressive performance! :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Kasper, I’m always looking forward to your recordings :star_struck:. Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful song :hugs:. Terrific playing - so enjoyable :blush:.

1 Like

Yes you’ve nailed that one Kasper. Terrific. Well done.

1 Like

At least as good as the record - masterful playing Kasper.

1 Like

Thanks all so much for checking my track out - so glad you liked it! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Kasper,
Nice job on this one. Great play and tones abound here. I really enjoyed this one and it is up to the normal high quality we have come to expect!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Wow, that was great, amazing guitar playing and choice of guitar sounds! My applause to you!
Mike

1 Like

Whoa! That was awesome Kasper. Your guitar sounded fantastic. Super, super stuff.

1 Like

As always top notch Kasper well done!