Difference between the app and website

Is there a difference between the app and the wesite other than portability? Also can I use the app on my cell phone and my zenpad (android) as a single unit?
Thank You

1 Like

you can use the app on 2 android devices so long as they are using the same account (or app sharing if thats a thing?)

I think the lessons are the same but its only the first 2 grades on the app?

1 Like

Although you can view lessons on the app as well as the website, I think the app is more song-focused. It has some cool features that encourage you to practice your favorite songs, backing tracks for example.

My personal preference is to learn on the website because the lessons are very organized, and it has several tools to help you meet your goals and track progress. I donā€™t know your playing level or goals, so maybe thatā€™s more than you need. The app makes a great supplement to whatever routine you usually follow. I found it especially helpful in my first year. Again, if youā€™re at a higher level, the app or website may meet different needs for you.

2 Likes

Donna already summed it up very well. I just wanted to add, that the website provides a ā€œlearn moreā€ section and a ressources button under most of the lessons, where the content of the lesson is summarised or additional information as tabs or backing tracks are made available.
Personally I prefer the website to learn, I use the app for excercises and songs.

4 Likes

This is correct. No Grade 3 lessons yet, despite the first modules appearing on the website over a year ago now. I suppose theyā€™re waiting for the entire grade to be finished before adding it all in one go. However, with the extra lessons, content and features on the website mentioned by Donna and Helen, the fact that you can view the website perfectly well on your phone, and the fact that itā€™s freeā€¦ it leaves something to be desired with app as a teaching tool. (In my humble opinion.)

It is great fun playing along with songs that have full backing tracks and vocals though. You can find backing tracks elsewhere of course, but having them all in an app you can use anywhere is pretty handy. Whether thatā€™s worth the yearly subscription or not, only you can say.

2 Likes

Thank You everyone! That is great info! Thank You

1 Like

Thank You Donna, I am only on gr. 1 and module 4. I am stuck on the finger exercises and the dminor chord. Take care.

I noticed you mentioned playing hockey. I spent a great deal of my youth on figure skates Yep, itā€™s fun getting used to using a completely different muscles. :ice_skate::ice_hockey: :upside_down_face:Enjoy your guitar journey!

1 Like

I think that the app and web based materials are not Cloud based is a significant negative. If it were I could have the same song favorites appear in each (web, phone and tablet) and each would remain in sync for my lessons from one to another. I am hearing that there will be a new version of the app out by year end that will be cloud based - I will be very glad to see it. That needs to be followed quickly by making the web site cloud also.

1 Like

Sorry I didnā€™t reply sooner, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. During the winter growing up, every kid played hockey and had that dream of the NHL. I started guitar at one point when I 13 and took 5 lessons and then quit. Sorry I did now. I am still stuck on lesson 3 grade 1 as I canā€™t transition fast enough and on lesson 4 as am having a really tough time with getting my fingers far enough apart. Any way Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!

1 Like

Id love the see the app and website accounts synced as one so i can track progress across both together.

1 Like