Digital Bath - Deftones

It’s been ages since I’ve posted. I’ve been recording stuff though, just for my own personal diary.

I recorded this one ages ago back in the summer when there was a heatwave. I wasn’t really happy with this one I think which is why I didn’t post it, quite a few mistakes, maybe I’ll come back to it. A fun one to learn and play though, I think it’s in Drop C or something like that, but someone transcribed it to E standard so that’s what I’m playing this in.

Tones from Cortex Cloud, with some minor adjustments.

8 Likes

Hey Rick,

interesting “dark” sound. I like it. To me it looks like you are well awared about tempo and you are hitting the beats.
Only thing I noticed is around 01:06 where you are bending with ring finger. To me it looks like you are bending with finger move and not wrist. How is it? If that is the case you are stretching your finger and not moving your wrist, there is some space to check out bending technique.
I am going through learning to bend right now, so I am seeing it more. :sweat_smile:
Just to clarify my point of view. Bend should be like you are opening door knob and not stretching more or less your finger.

2 Likes

Thank you for introducing me to some new music. I didn’t know about this band untill now.

Good playing too btw… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, yeah good observation and thanks for the feedback. I need to work on this as I’m not too familiar with bending and it’s somewhat new to me. I do recall Justin’s video explaining it should come from the wrist.

1 Like

Thanks and no problem. They are one of my favourite bands and I’ve learned a few tracks so far. But a huge chunk of their back catalogue is in lower tunings so I need a new guitar really :sweat_smile:

A new guitar is always the answer. :slight_smile:

But untill that glorious moment when you get that shiny new axe in your hands to take it home with you, you can always play with the tuners of your current guitar(s).

1 Like

Yeah true, I’ve dabbled with minor tuning changes but I’m just looking for an excuse for a second guitar haha

Rick

Your performance sounded perfect against the backing track: quite dark and pulling the listener in. Well played!

Brian