Disco 2000 Cover By Pulp

Pulp - Disco 2000 cover

4 Likes

That was good Roland. The strumming stayed nice and steady. I’d suggest a play along with the record just to help with lyrical placement.

Also, is this your first AVOYP post? If so congratulations on it.

Ah Roland, I was wondering when you were going to make the move over.
Good song choice :smiley:
The guitar/vox balance was good.
The chords were clean
Enjoyed the bit of dynamics around the bridge.
I thought the rhythm was a bit off at the start.
The vocals were… well… Rolandson :smiley:
At this stage, I’m not really sure I want you to change your style if you’re happy with it.
It’s unique.
Weiter so, mein Freund :smiley:

Danke. brianlarsen.
SgtColon. No it wasn’t my first. I posted a few on the old forum.

@Rolandson, people from the old forum will know you. We have a lot of new people here. You were always active in AVOYP posting your own covers and receieved endless help and support from the community. It is also fair to say you did not join in with general community conversation nor offer much to others who posted their AVOYP recordings.
Can I ask you to seek a greater balance between asking for help and helping those coming along behind you in the beginners course.
Thanks. :slight_smile:
Richard_close2u JustinGuitar Official Guide and Moderator

3 Likes

Fair point, Richard, but as they say on the telly: “I’ve started, so I’ll finish” :wink:

It would be nice to help people, but I don’t know if I can help them. I am not the right person for that, but I will give it a try.

1 Like

Rolandson, I think the majority of us are in the same boat, very much learning and mostly what is helpful is encouragement, to have our efforts acknowledged so don’t feel pressure to provide lots of specific feedbacks and suggestions. That said, you’ve been playing a while, learned a lot and may be able to offer suggestions to those who are far earlier in the learning.

1 Like