Distract Yourself!

This lesson will be challenging! Brace yourself for some hard work, but know there will be rewards. The full lesson is here.

Oh, now that was good, I was not able to recall the name of an author, even though I had read 26 book in 26 weeks lol. I did recall a burger in a bun with rellish and red leicester cheese though for a lunch

Rachel.

2 Likes

lunch sounds good :wink:

2 Likes

After doing this lesson and the one before, I wouldn’t mind more of your Guided Guitar Meditations. The percussive rhythm from the mechanical movement coupled with your calm voice reminding me to check for tension and let it go and then long periods of nothing but strumming is very relaxing. It’s not something I expected when I started this course.

Is a strum circle a thing?

1 Like

Why, that was pretty hypnotic!! I agree with criddell as far as Guided Guitar Meditations. Great course Justin!!

1 Like

At about 9.20 Justin introduces a strumming pattern. I find it hard to follow. What would be useful would be for him just to play one bar to start with. Then I could pick up the pattern and play multiple bars. Also a strum diagram on screen would be useful,

As a beginner, I find the recommended strumming pattern (D U U U D) much too daunting to strum AND talk continually. A much better place to start for me is all down strums. From here I can gradually add strumming variations.

1 Like

Nick, that pattern is:

D U U U D U

Down strums on the 2 and 3 are removed.

1& … 2 … & … 3 … &4&
DU … D … U … D … UDU

I hope that helps.

Cheers :smiley:

| Richard | JustinGuitar Approved Teacher, Official Guide & Moderator

You do need to develop the strumming & talking habit until it becomes fairly well embedded. What might help in this instance, and others , is hand writing the pattern down in two rows, one is the count and the other is the strum direction.
I hope that helps.

Cheers :smiley:

| Richard | JustinGuitar Approved Teacher, Official Guide & Moderator