Do you have experience with Bluetooth transmitter?

Does anybody have any experience with Bluetooth transmitters? I want to connect it to my
audio interface to hear my guitar . Is there any affordable good technology with low latency?
I did some research in google but want to hear your experience and idea :slight_smile:

I don’t have any direct experience, but from what I’ve heard Bluetooth is synonymous with latency when it comes to this kind of thing. Not good when guitar is all about rhythm and timing. The best option would be a dedicated guitar wireless system, though they are obviously expensive.

Another option is a much cheaper system based on the kind of wireless your home router uses. They can suffer from interference if there are a lot of other wireless devices nearby, though that can be reduced by going for a set which uses 5.8Ghz instead of the more common 2.4Ghz. I use them myself daily, have no latency, and in a four apartment block surrounded by houses I have never had any interference. YMMV.

For reference, these are what I use. (They were significantly cheaper when I bought them…)

I went through the same research about 6 years ago. I bought a travel guitar that didn’t quite have the volume I wanted and I looked to amplify it with my bluetooth speaker. Several guitar shops I went to gave me the rolled eyes as if to say ‘you idiot, that can’t be done’ but thankfully another guitar shopped reached back and brought out what’s called a headphone amplifier. Mine is made by VOX but Fender now sells one as well.

Because of the bluetooth lag mentioned, the headphone amplifier I have uses a 3.5mm jack and cable to connect the amp to the bluetooth speaker. It’s possibly some unit is available that uses bluetooth as the technology has been upgraded (bluetooth) in the intervening 6 years.

This setup worked very well for me, it’s not what I’d call a gigging setup, although a friend of mine uses the same setup for busking. It gives me a nice bit of volume on a guitar that needs it (mainly due to my playing fingerstyle instead of strumming).

1 Like

Thanks I already have these and am using them , the wireless guitar is OK what I need is to get the audio interface work with my Bluetooth headphone :slight_smile:

Be prepared for latency :cry:

I bought bluetooth to connect electric to amp. Didnt work well, stopped using it after a couple of tries.

Ah ok, I misunderstood. So yes, unfortunately latency is likely to be the issue when it comes to a Bluetooth headset. :slightly_frowning_face: I use headphones with a rather long cable on them with my interface. It works fine as long as I remember my movement limits! For more freedom the headphone amp suggested by Tony might be worth a look. I have one too and it really does sound good for something so small.