Do you use balanced or unbalanced Mic Cable to Amp?

A dynamic Mic (Sure SM57 ) to connect it to Roland street cube for vocal
I suppose I need 3-Pin Female XLR to 1/4 (6.35mm) TS Mono Jack
but should the cable be balanced or unbalanced?

I believe that depends on the 1/4" input into the amp, and whether it can support a balanced signal from a 1/4" TRS connector. I’d consult the amp manual; normally it will tell you if the input connector supports a balanced signal.

(If your amp has an XLR input I’d favor that – I thought Street Cubes had an XLR input, but maybe some models did not, or I’m just mistaken. Some amps might also have a “dual” input which will accept XLR or 1/4" TRS. In that case, the connector should support a balanced signal, even if you use 1/4". If the amp’s input connector is only 1/4" then you need to check the manual to see if a balanced signal is supported: it could be set up for an unbalanced 1/4" connection or a balanced 1/4" TRS connection.)

Thanks
This is what I use
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubeStBlk--roland-cube-street-5-watt-2x6.5-inch-battery-powered-combo-amp

But nowhere I see that information

That’s one of those combined XLR and 1/4" inputs. My recommendation is to just use XLR (which will almost certainly be balanced). So XLR from the mic, XLR into the amp. Set the switch on the amp to Mic, and you should be good.

Also, I downloaded the manual for that amp. Here’s a pic from the relevant part of the manual:

In the “Mic/Line Channel” section it describes the input connector. You can use an XLR, or a 1/4" TRS connector. Personally I’d stick with XLR for a mic; doing that will avoid any potential confusion about 1/4" TS vs 1/4" TRS and so on.

Thanks a lot but I do not know these technical terms so in Amazon what should I search?

My Mic end looks like this

Probably this?

I have quasi he same amp

You need a stard microphone cable which is female xlr to male xlr.

left side goes into the amp and right side into the microphone

“microphone cable” gives that type of thing most of the time.
Don’t get the cheapest but don’t go to wild.

thanks can you recommend one? I saw the basic Amazon but I can see in comment section some say it has noise so I want balanced one

An xlr is “balanced” by design but feel free to post it here and we’ll check it.

I have no super expensive xlr cables but I always tend to avoid the most basic cheap ones

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with the Fender Professional cables. Not the most expensive, and not the cheapest.

1 Like

I tend to but Stagg from Amazon.fr good price and good quality