Doc Whatson - Deep River Blues

Hi guys,

As I was learning two songs at once over the last few weeks, here is the second one. I found out that it helps me to stay motivated, because when one is to difficult and I get stuck, I can just ignore it for a couple of days and go to the other one.

If anybody knows a cool Fingerstile arrangement, let me know! I am looking dir new stuff to learn :slight_smile:

Greetings,
Kevin

19 Likes

Love it, Kevin, smooth playing and a rich, warm tone.

1 Like

Haha! That face when the string buzzed. Covered it up like a pro. :sunglasses:

Very nice!

1 Like

That was an enjoayable listen, Kevin! :smiley: :clap:

Gotta love some good Fingerstyle that was smoothly played, it had a great vibe going on. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very smooth. Love it. Great skills, very well done Kevin!

1 Like

Hi Kevin,
That was fantastic :sunglasses: :clap:…

Someday I’m going to start with this…someday :sweat_smile:

Greetings

1 Like

I love Doc and this is a wonderful rendition. Nothing more to add, just keep sharing, cheers!

1 Like

I’m working on this song too - you did a great job, this was very smooth and fun to listen to!

1 Like

Well said

2 Likes

OMG I love this. I’ve tried learning this one from various lessons at times and haven’t stuck with it. Is there a lesson on it you can share? Very very well done.

1 Like

That was great, I definitely see me gravitating towards the blues when I get there.

1 Like

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments! :slight_smile:

Sadly, no… I don’t really learn songs with a Video-Lesson, I just need the tabs and a decent recording to listen to… I used the version from
Paul David’s, really cool tabs and I enjoyed learning it :slight_smile:

Happy to hear that, enjoy!!

Me too, I was more learning jazz, but I really do enjoy blues Fingerstile, it is a lot more fun to play! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah well, I really couldn’t do another take :smile:
It seems that every time the camera was rolling that note was buzzing… :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve located it. You rock.

1 Like

Superb Kevin. Super blues fingerstyle. You’ve put a lot of work into that one and it shows. Well done.

1 Like

That sounds absolutely brilliant, Kevin :star_struck::clap::+1:!!
All the time and effort you’ve put into this really paid off :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, I thought that was great! Really nice tone and clear notes. I’ll be sure to look out for some more of your videos👍

1 Like

Really nice version of this song, Kevin, great playing.

1 Like

Super cool! :sunglasses: :+1: Sounding great! Looks tricky but very well played, Kevin! Excellent stuff! :clap: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Kevin! Great play you have there!

Want to give this a try :laughing:

Well, thats really depend on personal taste and preference, no pressure

Currently I am digging another song of his (Kotaro Oshio) and I actually feel the vibes of Michael Hedges :smiley:

1 Like