Doc Whatson - Deep River Blues

Iā€™m working on this song too - you did a great job, this was very smooth and fun to listen to!

1 Like

Well said

2 Likes

OMG I love this. Iā€™ve tried learning this one from various lessons at times and havenā€™t stuck with it. Is there a lesson on it you can share? Very very well done.

1 Like

That was great, I definitely see me gravitating towards the blues when I get there.

1 Like

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments! :slight_smile:

Sadly, noā€¦ I donā€™t really learn songs with a Video-Lesson, I just need the tabs and a decent recording to listen toā€¦ I used the version from
Paul Davidā€™s, really cool tabs and I enjoyed learning it :slight_smile:

Happy to hear that, enjoy!!

Me too, I was more learning jazz, but I really do enjoy blues Fingerstile, it is a lot more fun to play! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah well, I really couldnā€™t do another take :smile:
It seems that every time the camera was rolling that note was buzzingā€¦ :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ve located it. You rock.

1 Like

Superb Kevin. Super blues fingerstyle. Youā€™ve put a lot of work into that one and it shows. Well done.

1 Like

That sounds absolutely brilliant, Kevin :star_struck::clap::+1:!!
All the time and effort youā€™ve put into this really paid off :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, I thought that was great! Really nice tone and clear notes. Iā€™ll be sure to look out for some more of your videosšŸ‘

1 Like

Really nice version of this song, Kevin, great playing.

1 Like

Super cool! :sunglasses: :+1: Sounding great! Looks tricky but very well played, Kevin! Excellent stuff! :clap: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Kevin! Great play you have there!

Want to give this a try :laughing:

Well, thats really depend on personal taste and preference, no pressure

Currently I am digging another song of his (Kotaro Oshio) and I actually feel the vibes of Michael Hedges :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you everybody for your nice comments! This is such a nice forum and I really enjoy to participate :slight_smile:

You rock! :smile:

I will Check it out right now, I am sure it is great! :smile:

Well done! Thatā€™s a really sweet rendition.

1 Like

That was really sweet Kevin. I love the feel it had to it and your guitar sounded lush.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

That was excellent Kevin! Great job picking and the tone of your guitar was wonderful!

1 Like

That was amazing. Thank you for sharing! I love those old style fingerpicking blues!

1 Like

Thank you guys so much!

Me too! :smile: