Dock of the bay - Thumb and finger technique from Justin

Just recorded this, scratch recording, no post production attempted or intended.

Justin’s lesson on Thumb and Finger technique opened up a whole bunch of songs for me where the back beat is strong. This is one of well over a dozen songs I play now using that technique

7 Likes

I’ve enjoyed that a lot Tony, the technique seems to be working well for you there.
Outstanding vocals too, bang on dynamics, made me smile throughout and a very cool and appropriate slowdown at the end :slight_smile:

But…

Where’s the whistling? :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. Where’s the whistling? - On someone else’s cover! :slight_smile:

I used to whistle to it, but then got small lower dentures and the whistling ain’t no more!

Hi Tony, oh that was great :star_struck:.
I love the way, you’ve made this song your own.
I’m currently working on this song as well, on and off, so I’m quite familiar with the original. Your playing technique suits it awesomely well, and I like the way, you’ve interpreted the bridge section - this solution works really well :+1:.
Listening to your cover was very inspirational.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Nicely done Tony, :clap: :sunglasses: :clap:
Yes, those finger and thumb lessons from Justin have also made a huge difference for me…
We can’t recommend them too often :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Wonderful recording.

1 Like

Thanks all for your kind words, it helps to hear them!

@NicoleKKB That recording includes a bass run going from the C to the A chord in the verse that I only started using the morning I recorded that song. With capo4 as I play it they aren’t actually C and A.

@roger_holland I can’t rave about his thumb fingerstyle lesson enough. It’s really opened up a huge number of songs for me and is so easy once you get the hang of it.

3 Likes

That was really cool Tony . I am definitely going to explore this technique. Thanks for sharing :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was really cool and fun! I enjoyed that :smiley:

1 Like

That was great Tony. I’m another who’s going to have a look at this lesson.

1 Like

It sounds good Tony…as Nicole already wrote I think you made it your own very nicely…love the technique as well. Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks all for your kind words. It sure is a fun song to sing and play.

I like your take on this song. Well done and enjoyable listen.

1 Like

Oh this was great, Tony! You’ve got personality! I LOVED it! More, more, more!!!

1 Like