Dogs and Other Excuses

We all can come up with different excuses for missing a practice session.
Yesterday I couldn’t practice because the dog ate my pic :stuck_out_tongue:

Any other good excuses out there?

Glen

10 Likes

Good time to start on fingerstyle! Great photo

1 Like

I’d patent that super-grip pick straight away :wink:

4 Likes

Still in one piece? No excuse to me :laughing:

3 Likes

My dog got my Fender Mustang Micro. Still works, but have to jiggle the headphone jack. It was sitting on top of my amp where she can easily reach. Guess I need a bigger amp?

2 Likes

I have 6 rescue dogs (had 22 at one time) and they insist on surrounding every inch of available floor space around the foot of my chair making practicing a challenge, although at least one of them could come in useful for adopting a classical style and I wouldn’t have to buy a footrest :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not in the mood; I’ll do it tomorrow…

1 Like

I gotta go to work…

2 Likes

Brian: Know any good patent lawyers?

Adrian: You are a tough task manager

Hobart: Almost lost a mouthful of coffee, couldn’t help but visualize plugging in the cable had she swallowed it :crazy_face:

Karl: My little guy like to lay on top of my foot - makes foot tapping problematic

JWC: I’ll get back to you with a comment later

Karl: Priorities man.

Cheers

2 Likes

Wait until your dog passes all the other picks from your pick bowl. Then you will have a valid excuse. :poodle: :poop:

Eeeyou………… :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
Just thinking about how you got it back…………

6 Likes

Well, a couple of months ago I shortened my strap slightly for a tighter fit and promptly forgot the next day when I reached behind me to grab it off the rack and snapped in half one of my big Bugs Bunny teeth as the front edge of the guitar struck it whilst recklessly swinging the strap over my head to put it on. Safe to say that ended my practice that morning… :face_with_head_bandage: :rofl:
(plus cost me the price of a mid-ranged guitar to fix the tooth back up again! :sob: :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I did use it the other way around 1x…sorry I can’t because I have to play guitar (watch open-mic) :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

3 Likes

Damn, that must have hurt. Never thought of guitar related injuries like that.

1 Like

If you really love your dog, it doesn’t matter :wink:

1 Like

I feel your pain, I really do, had a molar extraction yesterday. Now I now what is meant by face ache.
I want my mommy lol, Oooowwwwwwww

:face_with_thermometer: :weary: :speak_no_evil: :tooth:

Abcess, bruised jaw , smollen lymph node , im in bed…

2 Likes

Thankfully he’s too small to swallow it whole and I managed to get it back before he could tear off a piece. The pic did not have to go through the round-trip

1 Like

That is one crazy story. Definitely the best (most valid) excuse I’ve heard.

Sucks that it may have caused you to lose out on a new guitar :frowning:

Glen

1 Like

Thanks @jkahn, @Libitina & @OpsRes! Yeah it sucked! Be careful out there people, guitar practice can be dangerous! :guitar::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream::rofl:

Sorry to hear that Rachel! Tooth pain is the worst! Rest up, I hope it feels better soon! Sending hugs! :disappointed_relieved::hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes