Dom from Ireland

Dom here from the south east of Ireland. First picked up a guitar about 10 years ago and found Justin just about the same time which gave me enough basics to get by playing sounds with three chords for the following nine years. Enter COVID and myself and a few friends got together to knock out a few tunes and I’ve been encouraged to journey deeper and deeper into different aspects of guitar playing in lots of different genres from rock, pop, folk, blues, Irish traditional, Americana and more. We try to play once a week and always adding to the repertoire which is great for learning. Still very much consider myself a novice and certainly not a purest but if I like a sound, I’ll include it (more often than not, not knowing the name of the chord). Probably play two hours every day.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you.

20 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dom

2 Likes

Welcome Dom. I am also from the Sunny south east ( Wexford) but over here in Chicago at the moment. You started off with a great post yesterday. Look forward to hearing more from you. Loch Garman Abu !

2 Likes

Welcome to the cumminty Dom! You will find there are alot of excellent folks in here!

2 Likes

Hi Dom, welcome to the community! Good choice to develop your guitar skills further. You’re lucky to have friends to jam with. Must be fun to work on songs together. Looking forward to maybe hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Dom,
Welcome…again :grinning:,…and it looks more that i can learn from you :smiley: :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Dom and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Well it is all about enjoying yourself, which sounds like you certainly do.

2 Likes

Hi Dom, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
Having some jam buddies you can regularly play with, sounds really great :star_struck:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Dom and Cead Mile Failte :shamrock:
Not many of us Paddies active on the boards, so a welcome addition :smiley:
What part of the sunny south east? (Been visiting Kilmuckridge for over half a century now.)
Nice Madness cover. If you remember that when it came out, that probably puts us in a similar age bracket :laughing:
Look forward to following your journey. Do post some of your band stuff too, if you feel like it :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Dom, welcome to the community. I had the pleasure of touring Ireland back in 2006 and count the day I visited the Guinness brewery in Dublin one of the best days of my life. woo hoo. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hello Dom, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Dom, I enjoyed reading your back story :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m of the cat variety Eddie but the mother is a Yella belly alright. Close enough :joy:. Thanks for the welcome.

2 Likes

Kilkenny Brian. Thanks for the welcome. I’m a late forty something and feel very fortunate for the music that we had to influence us. I’ll stick up some band stuff soon. It’s pretty raw :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Close enough alright . Lived in Kilkenny city for a year and had a good time there until it came to July and hurling, as we were always on the wrong end of a beating so had to be quiet :joy:. Look forward to hearing hearing more from you!

2 Likes

Hi Dom ! Welcome to the community ! :cocktail: :champagne: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome!! Lots of helpful folks here, you are in the right place!

2 Likes

Hi Dom and welcome! Looking forward to hearing some of your jams if you feel like sharing some time. All the best with your guitar journey! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Don, welcome to the community. Good you have been able to put good use to your already acquired guitar skills jamming with you friends.

2 Likes

Hello Dom and welcome to the community. Ten years of making music and getting along fine with the basic cowboy chords is fine. And even better is your new found drive to delve deeper and enhance what you’ve got with more techniques and genres and songs. I wish you the best as you travel along - may the road rise to meet you.
If you need anything just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like