Dom's Learning Log

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Just a placeholder for now…

2 Likes

Someone last week reminded me of Nick Drake (Thank You!). I started looking at this a couple of years ago and went away from it. I’m playing in a different key to Nick and God knows what tuning he was using at the best of times but I’m just trying to improve on picking out notes that are some kind of complimentary to the melody. As you’ll here, I’m pretty sticky in places but I’ll take that for now.

3 Likes

Super stuff Dom. :+1:

1 Like

Dom, sounds super smooth and fluent to me, no hint of stickiness :grin: I suppose that is just a reflection of differing play-grades and associated expectations … yours (play-grade) being well above mine.

I thoroughly enjoyed the recording.

Just curious as to why you posted it up in your Learning Long rather than AVOYP. Nothing wrong but generally speaking I’d suggest a full song be posted in AVOYP and fragments/sections of either songs or technique practice be posted in the Learning Log (or maybe as a Topic in #community-hub:what-are-you-learning if likely to be a long journey with ability developed incremntally over a longer period of time)

1 Like

Ok. That makes sense now that you put it that way David. I guess I didn’t want to be seen to be spamming the other topic given I’m just in the door but I did want to record it as a milestone somewhere.

Thanks for the explanation.

I’ve never considered the possibility of only recording part of a song which might be half the reason I get frustrated and walk away from some songs.

1 Like

Thanks once again Eddie. Ever so kind.

1 Like