Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis Lesson

Learn to play Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis | JustinGuitar

I’m sure this lesson will get a lot of hits again thanks to That Pedal Show’s recent interview with Noel. Huge shout out to Justin for having been correct about that E7/G# “mystery chord” for the past 9 years! :rofl:

3 Likes

Great lesson - only minor problem is when I decided to play along with original oasis recording. Oh my word. I think the word is “dissonance”. It sounded awful. I thought my guitar had suddenly mysteriously gone out of tune, but no. Multiple checks and it was OK
Googling around and it seems that Oasis recorded this song tuned to A at 451Hz instead of the usual 440Hz. All instruments tuned to themselves so sounds ok when track played in isolation.

Maybe mention this in the video or text, then if someone tries to play along to the original then they don’t think they’ve suddenly lost the ability to play? I may have missed it - apologies if I have.

1 Like

That’s a very good point, the first thing you’ll notice if you pick up your guitar to play along with the record is that it’s tuned sharp @Richard_close2u maybe worth mentioning in the lesson text as I don’t recall it being mentioned in the lesson.

1 Like

I have made an edit in the lesson text. Thanks for the alert.

Without checking myself, consensus is that the recording had the speed increased on the tape nudging it to about A455 Hz.

2 Likes