Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds Lesson

Learn to play Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds | JustinGuitar

Cant find backing track on yhe app

Sadly, this song was one of many dropped from the App because of license issues last year.

Ironic that this is one of the few songs Justin makes a big deal about it being in the app, and it ends up getting removed from the app. Also a bummer. It’s fun to play along with the app.

I think it’s quite difficult to keep track of which videos have been published with a special nod to the app AND to keep track of which song has to be removed from the app for copyright reasons.

I noticed the same with “The one I love” for example. But for me, it wasn’t a big deal since Justin’s song lesson video was great and listening to the original a few times for further clues and perhaps strumming along a few times was great help.

Just think, what logistical challenges these song removals pose. In theory, all of these song lessons advertising songs as play along on the app would have to be removed once resp. song has been leaving the app. Then such a video would have to be re-recorded, etc. Meaning, this poses quite a lot of logistical challenges, time challenges and requires quite much work.

The only maybe feasible and not that work intensive option I see is adding sort of a pop up window or disclaimer to an affected video that unfortunately due to copyright reasons a certain song needed to be removed from the app in this and that month and year. Then, perhaps, such text could be repeated in the description text on the website.

What is @larynejg 's take on this? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes