Don't You (Forget About Me)

Hi folks,
I’ve just recorded a short version of this Simple Minds’ song, which is in Justin’s Begineer Songbook.
When I was half way through the recording I thought it’d be cool to keep it brief, so here it is

Hope you enjoy it or at least your ears can tolerate it :grin:

Cheers!

10 Likes

Sounds great @Josestrummingpattern, very nice.

1 Like

Truly enjoying this production.
Excellent instrumentation.

1 Like

Very nice.

1 Like

Hi José,
That sounded great and by replacing the vocals like this, the duration of the song was also very good :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Great :exclamation:Sounds realy good :exclamation: Bravo José :exclamation:

1 Like

Jose, Great little recording and version of the song. Did you play a keyboard into your DAW for the vocal line and electric guitar for the rhythm? I am curious since I am still new to this and haven’t even fully set up my DAW yet.

1 Like

Exactly Steve, both the keyboard and the guitar into Cakewalk via audio interface. And the drums programmed with Cakewalk. :handshake::ok_hand::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your support @Andy3874 , @ReneAsologuitar , @tony , @roger_holland , @BigLuc and @SteveL_G99

You all are awesome :ok_hand::muscle::notes:

2 Likes

Nice one José, that had a really 80’s synth vibe to it. So a good take on the original.

1 Like

Sounded good Jose and a nice production. If you want to make it more guitar driven try adding an overdrive or distortion pedal for the intro,verses and chorus, then turn it off for the bridge and add a chorus pedal. Provides a nice contrast on the guitar.

I’m not sure the intro is covered in Justins song book but it’s pretty simple. Use a single strum per bar and play 5th string D power chord, then 5th string E power chord, then 5th string D to 6th string G Power Chord, 5th string C powerchord then 5th string D power chord, 5th string D power chord to 5th string E powerchord. Then repeat (you don’t need the final D and E powerchord)…then you can go into the normal chords.

1 Like

Thanks SgtColon :pray::muscle: