Dro_1 - January 2023 - My Immortal - Evanescence

Hi all,
I thought it was about time that I did my first one for 2023 :slight_smile:
This one is based off their old live acoustic performance at aol sessions. However I decided to pick the main melody for a couple of bars during the intro/pre-verse and outro rather than strumming it all… just to keep a little bit more of the vibe from the original piano version.
I also threw in a very short acoustified variation of their original version’s solo after the bridge, since that brief interlude felt a bit bare without vocals and only my strumming.
Hope you enjoy, and feel free to leave any feedback or general comments. ta

17 Likes

Very pleasant unplugged version, this nylon strings add something extra to it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

gorgeous well played

1 Like

Well done Sandro. Just love that song and Amy’s vocals. Thought you played it very well sir. Loved the solo. Been looking at a couple versions of the acoustic but not committed fully yet, as I am not sure where my vocals sit on this one. So lots of capo experiments :rofl:

Thanks for sharing.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well played and sung! I got inspired to pick up the nylon guitar.

1 Like

@RadekSiechowicz Thanks radek. Glad you liked it mate.

@RobDickinson thanks for listening rob.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner cheers Toby. Yeah her vocals made me a passenger in this one :slight_smile: hope you do find an arrangement/key that fits your voice and keen to check it out if you do end up recording it.

@FrosoLars thanks Lars. nice to know that it inspired you in some way.

1 Like

Very nice Sandro. Beautifully played and very smooth and comfortable barre chords and barre chord changes. Great job!

1 Like

There are a few Evanescence on the To Learn list ! :+1:

1 Like

Well done Sandro. That was very well played. I’m not familiar with the song but I thoroughly enjoyed your cover.

1 Like

Great acoustic version!!!. Very pleasant :+1:!!

1 Like

I liked that. Very nice.

1 Like

Well played Sandro. What a lovely song. I enjoyed your little solo part too.

1 Like

Gordon

Think you will like the original which is mainly piano but shows what a great cover Sandro has done here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Eddie_09 @Socio @JasonBuk @TheOldGuy @sairfingers Thanks everyone for listening and for dropping by in the comments. This forum is pretty much my main audience atm, so I’m glad that you guys enjoyed this cover :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was well done Sandro. Really smooth bar chords, and the solo added in was excellent.

1 Like

Very beautifully done!

The main feedback I would provide is to consider increasing in volume and intensity at the bridge (around 2:50ish) building up to the solo to match that of the vocals.

I thought the solo was a great touch, and added a lot! Does seem to be considerably ahead of the beat around 3:14 - 3:15, which sounds a bit off to my ear, but the rest of it sounded beautiful!

Overall, very nicely done. Indeed, I feel rather foolish trying to give you feedback, as I seriously doubt I’d be able to play this so well, but I hope it’s useful.

1 Like

@TheCluelessLuthier thanks for listening and for the compliment Mark.

@perfectlyGoodInk cheers Felix, definitely appreciate the useful feedback.
Good point for the bridge part, where I could’ve built it up a bit more.
For the solo - I probably jumped into the 2nd phrase a bit early. I was trying to match hitting the two A notes (on the 10th fret) to the first couple of strums of the F#m chord, and then hit the sustained F# note (B string, 7th fret) for my main down strum of the D chord.
Solos are not really my thing though, so I probs got a bit ahead of myself. Definitely room for improvement in that area for me, ta.

Sandro that was excellent. A great interpretation of the song. Your solo was great as well.

I’d looked a while back at having a crack at this one but wasn’t sure how it would be done.

1 Like

@SgtColon thanks Stefan. Glad you enjoyed it mate.

my strategy was to play it with Amy’s voice over it so that she could help carry this one for me :rofl:

Man you absolutely smashed that, perfectly captured the mood in all the sections. It almost demands to be listened to with eyes closed . Loved the solo in there too :clap: :clap:

1 Like