Dro_1 - October 2022 - My Happiness (Powderfinger) + Wonderful Tonight

Nice fingerpicking, enjoyed it.

1 Like

Good to hear from you again, Sandro.

I enjoyed your rendition, smooth and clean as usual, and especially liked the chord melody portions and some of the embellishments.

1 Like

Your doing really well, Sandro. Like @DavidP I enjoyed that you played the melody. The backing track shows that your picking at the songs BPM and takes effort to maintain the picking pattern, fretting arrangement and tempo. I’m not so fussed that you had technical issues syncing the backing track as your guitar is your band and the melody is your singing and it was wonderful tonight.

2 Likes

@NicoleKKB @Eddie_09 Thanks guys, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

@roger_holland The general verse picking pattern is from Justin’s tutorial. but I honestly can’t remember where I got the melody note part from… probably from one of the UG tabs (?). And then I might’ve just put them both together at some point and it stuck with me whenever I play the song ever since.
And yeah, I’ll have to start practicing more stuff with backing tracks whenever I get chance. Cheers

@Notter thanks Mark. Not harsh at all, I absolutely agree. I think I overcompensated slowing down my picking in parts to match the beat and definitely fell behind in some spots. I normally have a slighly quicker tempo in my picking when I play through this piece on my own… so I’ll have to find a better balance somewhere in between. cheers

@skinnyt thanks Trevor. glad you liked it mate.

@DavidP cheers David. It’s good to crawl out of the woodwork and pop by again, as it has been a while. Glad that you enjoyed this one.

@Socio . Thanks James. yeah playing at my own tempo without any backing is usually more my thing :slight_smile:
But I remembered from one of my previous post’s that someone suggested to experiment with adding tracks to give the playthrough a bit more context, so I decided to toy around with it. Cheers for the compliments though mate.

4 Likes

Very tasty picking there Sandro. It’s a great song and you did a wonderful job of it.

1 Like

Very nice! Nice smooth picking and smooth transitions, awesome job!

1 Like

Well played, Sandro. I love this beautiful, classic song. Your older recording was really good too. Loved the included melody. Incredible!

1 Like

@SgtColon @Bytron08 @pkboo3 thanks for the kind words y’all :slight_smile: much appreciated.

Defiant enjoy that! I like the small variations in you picking pattern. I have been starting to practice this with the one Justin recommends, but just using the same pattern through the entire song is less interesting. I hope you don’t mind if I use your video to embellish it a bit! Thanks!

1 Like

That was beautiful Sandro I enjoyed it very much. :clap:t2: :clap:t2: I liked both versions but think I preferred the slower tempo of this one - great finger picking.

1 Like

@Jamolay Feel free to use it however you want if it helps you out :slight_smile: cheers mate

@Nancy15 thank you Nancy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Welcome back Sandro. Really good playing, you’re so good at fingerstyle.

1 Like

thanks @jkahn good to be back and checking out some of the stuff that other peeps have posted over the last few weeks.

1 Like

Hello Sandro, it sounds lovely :blush: I like especially how you’re playing the intro. I also love to fingerpick along with the original, but my fingerpicking is way more basic here.

1 Like

Thanks for listening Silvia, glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Nice my friend , great tempo

1 Like

thanks Gareth. my tempo can go a bit haywire sometimes with backing tracks, so I’ll have to take your word for it on this one haha. cheers mate