Dupuytren's Contracture Surgery

I’ve had Dupuytren’s Contracture for quite some time. I did the Xiaflex treatment twice, which was good, but then it progressed to the point where I could play a bit, but not practice daily. So, I pouted and sold all my gear with the exception of one beater guitar. Just last Wednesday, I had surgery and hope to be able to practice when healing progresses enough.

1 Like

That looks pretty nasty, hope it gets you playing guitar again.

1 Like

Wish you a speedy recovery, Michael, and hope you can back into playing when you are healed up.

1 Like

Ow, Ow, Ow…all the best healing vibes to you WM!! Sure it’ll be worth it when the guitar is back in hand.

1 Like

All the best in your recovery Michael, hope you get your hand sorted out and fully recovered.

On a separate note that picture can be not for everybody’s stomach, perhaps would be worth for mods to put a sensitive content or like a restriction to click on the image if you want to view it? Just a thought.

1 Like

Good thinking. I removed the photo.

It FEELS nasty! If I do my daily 3x therapy (which I do), all should be well.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m doing “off guitar” things to prepare. In a few days I’ll probably even do some strum work on the guitar itself.

It will feel great! I bought some drums to keep playing music, but it’s just not the same.

1 Like

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Another hobby of mine is flying radio control airplanes and drones, getting my fingers struck by a prop is one of my fears and I’m much more cautious about that as compared to my days before I played guitar.

Strenght and patience! I wish you lots of it.
I strongly hope to see and hear you playing in the right time!

1 Like

I’m feeling the pain of getting hit by a blade right now! I’m sure they turn much faster than my cheap one way back when I was 10 years old.

All the best Michael for a good recovery.

:sunglasses: