Early Intermediate

I have been learning with Justin on his website and using his Beginner & Intermediate books. (About half way through the latter) My question is, will I benefit from purchasing the Justin lessons and songs app? I am just a strummer who does not want to learn fingerstyle, but I would still like to throw in a few licks and embellishments. I am a late starter and coming up to 4 years playing at the age of 67. Would the app still be a worthwhile purchase?

Hello Aled, and welcome to the community :hugs:.
I think, the app is primarily helpful for beginners (grade 1 to 3), as it’s only covering the beginner lessons.

For playing songs, it might be a fun tool for you as well. It’s like (or actually is) playing with backing tracks.

As far as I know, there is an option to give the app a free trial for a week, before you finally decide to purchase it (or not). Maybe, you want to give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi Aled,
If you play intermediate songs I don’t think the app will be of any use/satisfaction anymore, I get that from several stories of the people here, and I’ve heard from 2 people around me who are on an almost equal level If I sit down, Justin’s song lessons will probably suit you much better,it’s still great to see and hear how in detail he explains things,it just won’t get boring :smile:… but there’s no harm in trying for free of course…

Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you Roger, I forgot there were 2 apps. So you think the Tab one would be the best for me?
Aled

1 Like

Hi Nicole, thank you for the info, I might try the Tab app instead of the beginner one, and see how I go on. I could try the Ultimate Guitar one, but I am trying to stick with Justin, as he has been my inspiration these last 4 years.

1 Like

Hi,
Definitely go for those tabs, not only because we support Justin very much with that, but above all because … (let me speak for myself) sometimes get stuck with more complicated songs and find it annoying to keep going back and forth after about 15 (?) times… it saves me a lot of time and it is much more fun to learn that way…and more :sunglasses:
And keep asking what you want to know… :smiley:

Greetings…

1 Like

Thank you Roger, I will probably go for that option.
Aled

1 Like