Early Morning Rain, Gordon Lightfoot Cover

Hi all, finally wrapped up this cover of Gordon Lightfoot’s Early Morning Rain. I used to hear the Peter, Paul, and Mary version quite a bit while growing up, my mom played the LP all the time, and I was always a fan. This is as it was taught by Jerry’s Guitar Bar.

13 Likes

Real enjoyable listen Benji!

I thought ya did real good with them 1/16th note strums too. You were right in time I thought. Good job.
Thanks for sharing.

This is one of my all time favourites, a bit of a go to for me at open mics. You’ve done a great job with this. I play it a bit differently with the chords sliding up and down the neck and some open strings ringing out, like the Paul Weller cover version. Great job👍

Lovely playing and singing mate! I really like Gordon Lightfoot and you did him proud.

Very nice Benji, that strumming pattern must have taken a while to get sortred at tempo. Guitar sounds great, it would be good to get your vox up a little higher but I’m guessing this was a phone recording?
Awesome job man :guitar: :clap:

Thanks HappyCat! The hardest part for me was remembering the chord sequence. For some reason I thought it was kind of tricky. It took a few months for me to get this one down… :face_exhaling:

Thanks mikemycroft! I’d like to hear the version you’re playing. Let me know if you post it… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks twistor59!

Thanks Notter! Actually GoPro, as it takes better video than my phone… Some day I’ll get some real recording equipment. Until then, just gotta try to be heard… :grin:

Nice job Benji, you really nailed that strumming. I did this a while back, but I don’t remember the strumming pattern being quite the same. I think I will have to revisit it. Thanks!

That’s such a great song, and a very nice cover from you.

Thanks for giving a listen Luthier. The pattern I learned was taught by Jerry’s Guitar Bar. I go back and forth between Justin’s cover song lessons and Jerry’s. They’re both great teachers.

1 Like

Thanks Mari63!

1 Like

Your not lonely Benji.
I’m about up to that amount of time invested in something I’m wanting to play. Worse yet. I still ain’t there yet. So your ahead of me… Good job… :wink:

1 Like