Eccleshall - December 2023 - Cutty Wren + In The Bleak Midwinter

Thanks for that Gordon.
I’m really hard trying to get my performance level up a bit atm

Yes please, the correct day for a good workout on this carol. :smiley:

Here you go,
The system wouldn’t let me upload the pdf, so here’s a pic instead - but it has some of Martin’s fingering on it too that I’ve penciled in. It’s in drop D. You can Ignore the capo 2 instruction. Sometimes the capo position on his stuff is really important, but not on this one.
If you take to it, ( I reckon you’ll love it) and fancy a treat, then I can highly recommend Martin’s dvds. They are brilliant. So much content.
Acoustic instrumentals vols 1-3 ( this tune is from vol2 )
And the excellent Alternate Tunings Demystified.

All available on homespun.com You get them on their site and there’s useful functions to loop things, slow down etc, much much better than having the physical dvd. And you get the whole book of pdfs tabs included.
Top tip - they are always doing 30- 50% off things if you register.

Enjoy!

Ruaridh

1 Like

Cheers Eddie,
It’s a very enjoyable tune to play

1 Like

That’s so beautiful Ruaridh, thank you for sharing :smiling_face:
It is a lovely carol and you played and sang it so well

Seasons greetings :snowflake: :snowflake:

1 Like

this is very kind of you Ruaridh, I thank you and will check out the recommendations. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Jasmine, that’s kind of you.
When I’ve got it a bit more solid, I’ll do the whole carol - atm the chances of me getting through the intro and then all four verses with the recording light on without crashing are pretty slim :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When I was a cute choir boy this was my favorite carol at midnight service.great arrangement.

3 Likes

Thank you for this beautiful Carol.

1 Like

Thanks so much Tjeerd, appreciate it

It’s so useful to have a deadline, real or imagined.
So a few more practice sessions and I’ve finally got the whole song down in one go, ( usual fluffs , obvs, ) before the year is out
Hope you are all enjoying the quiet time of the year.

9 Likes

Very nice job! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thanks Ricky,
Appreciate it, I’ve enjoyed spending the timegetting to grips with this carol

That was lovely Ruaridh, so delicately played and sung. Soothing to the ears. :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent, I must get this down for next year. Thanks for sharing this. :clap: :clap:

Very nice thanks for sharing

Thanks
@Alan_1970
@Malz
@amandaw57
Having got it pretty much up to scratch just about in time for Christmas 2023, my plan is to now put it away, and then dust it off every couple of months for a quick run through.
The theory is that that should get it really solid. My ambition is to have it by next year as a campfire song I can pull out of the hat at any Christmas gathering.
So here’s hoping :smiling_face:

3 Likes

So beautiful Ruaridh! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like