Eddie_09 - August 2022 - Anouk, U2, Bruce Springsteen

Thanks Jk. The best version I ever heard of this song was sang by the edge and not Bono which is pretty rare.

Great job! Nice strong rhythm and good vocals.

Thank you Mark. Appreciate the feedback :sunglasses:

Great playing and singing Eddie. I could see you were really in to that and enjoying it.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan. I don’t consider myself as much of a singer but have found that by singing songs I really like I am able to put more natural emotion into it so I guess then it comes across better to the listener.

This is a cover of one of Bruce Springsteen’s lesser known songs taken from the 1982 Album Nebraska.
The song is told through the eyes of a young boy going with his dad to try and buy a”used car “. My dad is a mechanic and I always loved this song as I remember as a kid he always seemed to be fixing up or trying to get our used car to start. I hope you enjoy it.

12 Likes

Great! You sound great! The playing, the singing and the soul. We can ear these are not only notes for you. Means something to you and you communicate it. Great! Keep on !

Thanks Luc, I don’t rate myself as a singer much but have found that choosing songs that mean something to me means that they seem to come across better. Appreciate your positive and kind feedback :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Eddie I’ve always liked that song as well as that album.

1 Like

A sincere feed-back

The best kind of feedback! Thanks again Luc.

Awesome! Good steady strumming and picking and a good voice to boot! Good job! :slight_smile:

Thanks Byron! Really appreciate your feedback :sunglasses::+1:.

Hi Eddie,

Good performance, singing and the wonderfully quiet/steady guitar :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

Nice one Eddie. The lo-fi of Nebraska, at the height of his global superstardom, was a great musical step for Mr Springsteen imho. Little homespun stories, a simple highlighting of a slice of normal life of everyday folk with bare bones vocal and guitar. You did it, and your family memories justice. :slight_smile:

Great stuff Eddie, very enjoyable listening!
Keep them coming, it gets easier every time you post :+1:

Thanks for listening Rogier and happy you enjoyed it :sunglasses:

Thank you Richard. I appreciate your feedback and support. A month ago I would have been scared to death to post a video of me playing and singing. This community has given me the confidence to keep posting and I can feel myself improving.

1 Like

Thanks Darrell! I am glad you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to listen!:sunglasses: